Detroit Babies
Options

summer fun with 2 young kids

Those of you with two young kids, what are you doing to get out of the house this summer? My youngest is only 2 1/2 months and isn't keen about being in his carseat right now, so I am looking for places that I can allow my almost 2 year old to run around and have fun while I am most likely holding/feeding the baby. Thanks so much!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: summer fun with 2 young kids

• Options

my step kids are a little older, but i've heard good things about Java Jungle or Jungle Java.. something like that. You could also try a bounce house. they have open hours during the day i believe.

a park is always a great idea too. or somewhere like metro park where they have that toddler sprinkler water area. (i *think* it's metro park)

• Options

what area are you in?

Jungle Java is in Farmington Hills & Canton

Northville has Tunes on Tues. which is outdoors at 10:30am & Plymouth has Music in the Park at 12pm in Kellogg Park

in downtown Farmington on Thurs. mornings they do Pavillion storytime at 11am, then they have the kids play after the storytime

I just checked the local libraries for inside & outside things they are doing.  My DD loves to play in the children's area in our local library.  

Some of the local parks have splash areas.  We go to Heritage Park just north of downtown Farmington & I want to try out the one at the Plymouth Park on Ann Arbor Trail in Plymouth, looks nice

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a zoo pass.  We are planning a trip to the Ann Arbor hands on museum this summer. 

There is a Jungle Java in Clinton Township, too.

• Options
    Boogie Babies in Rochester
  • Options
    Memorial Park in St Clair Shores at 13 mile and Masonic. They have a little spray park, beach and a huge outdoor play area for kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I thought you had to be a resident of St. Clair Shores to use that park....
    Come chat with other moms: www.metrodetroitmommy.com!
  • Options

imageBigyellowdog:
    I thought you had to be a resident of St. Clair Shores to use that park....

Yep, thats right. I forgot about that. Unless you know someone that lives in SCS and can get you in as their guest.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"