Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Blister on newborn's penis

Our LO is 2 weeks and 2 days today and is uncircumsized. When he was almost 2 weeks old, so last week, when he came back home from being out and in his carseat I went to change his wet diaper and noticed a small blister that looked yellow (I don't know if that's because of his skin tone), but either way we changed him, got him out of his clothes (Florida weather is super hot) and by the next diaper change probably about 1 hour later the blister was gone completely.

Then today he was inside of the house, it's 76 degrees in the house, and is in a onesie, I go to change his wet diaper and there's another blister.  I haven't checked yet to see if it's gone yet, but I'm guessing it will be.

I don't know if it's because of wet diapers, or what (I change him very often and at the first sign of a wet diaper so he isn't sitting in wet diapers), or if it could be because of the heat, but it's not hot inside.  I am just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and if they have ever asked their Dr., any information would be great?

Thanks a million in advance!

**February 20th, 2010 I Married My Best Friend and June 5th, 2011 My Soulmate Was Born** image Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimageimage

Re: Blister on newborn's penis

• Our son is circ'd but we had the same issue when he was 2 wks.  I mentioned it to the pedi at his 2 wk appt and he said it was a sebacous gland.  Basically it's not big deal.  it went away on it's own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageElisa312:
    Our son is circ'd but we had the same issue when he was 2 wks.  I mentioned it to the pedi at his 2 wk appt and he said it was a sebacous gland.  Basically it's not big deal.  it went away on it's own.

this

it's basically a pimple

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageElisa312:
    Our son is circ'd but we had the same issue when he was 2 wks.  I mentioned it to the pedi at his 2 wk appt and he said it was a sebacous gland.  Basically it's not big deal.  it went away on it's own.

This. except DS in uncirc'd as well. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So it's not uncommon for it to disappear from one diaper change to the next?  And it just stopped happening after a while?  I guess I'm curious because it disappears so much more quickly than a pimple would.  It's nice to know this is super common though.  I got a little concerned because our LO has Hypospadias, with a partial natural circ.  Meaning his urethra goes to the bottom of his penis and the underside of his penis is naturally circumsized.  Something that has to be fixed when he is around 9 months old.  I started getting concerned that it was due to this, but this is very reassuring.

Thank you ladies.

**February 20th, 2010 I Married My Best Friend and June 5th, 2011 My Soulmate Was Born** image Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimageimage
  • imageMrsPBNJ0220:

So it's not uncommon for it to disappear from one diaper change to the next?  And it just stopped happening after a while?  I guess I'm curious because it disappears so much more quickly than a pimple would.  

babies skin "heals" super fast.  Has your LO ever scratched himself?  If he has, have you noticed how fast it heals?  faster than a scratch on us would heal.

I figure it's the same with a pimple.  Takes forever on us, but on a baby who is furiously growing and regenerating new skin, it's fast.

I'm sure your son is fine.  Hope his hypospadias is fixed with no complications! 

• imageMrsPBNJ0220:

So it's not uncommon for it to disappear from one diaper change to the next?  And it just stopped happening after a while?  I guess I'm curious because it disappears so much more quickly than a pimple would.  

babies skin "heals" super fast.  Has your LO ever scratched himself?  If he has, have you noticed how fast it heals?  faster than a scratch on us would heal.

I figure it's the same with a pimple.  Takes forever on us, but on a baby who is furiously growing and regenerating new skin, it's fast.

I'm sure your son is fine.  Hope his hypospadias is fixed with no complications! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"