Upstate NY Babies
Options

Albany pediatricians

Hi ladies!  I know this has been asked before, so apologies for rehashing it...

DH and I are at the stage now where we need to start interviewing pediatricians.  We're interested in someone around the Colonie/Guilderland area (near Western/New Karner Rd/Central Ave in Colonie) since that is close to our daycare and offices.  We would also be interested in doctors in Troy, since that is where we live.

Any suggestions?  Do you have someone you love?  Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Albany pediatricians

• Options
    wendyjwendyj member
    Our pedi is in Clifton Park, but my brother takes his kids to Dr. Fogarty in Latham (corner of Route 9 and Maxwell Rd). We would have gone to her if we didn't love ours so much. It's between Troy and where your daycare is, so just thought I'd throw it out there.
  • Options

I like Enzo's doc- Dr. Abbott (464-1091)

He shares an office with two other docs but we only see Dr. abbott and his nurse. I've never had a problem getting in for a visit or getting a call back if I want to speak to the nurse.

Dr. Abbott will do an interview for potential paitents.

I also loved that when Dr. abbott came to the hospital after Lorenzo was born and he stopped by my room at 7:30am and I was sleeping- he let me sleep...LOL 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We use Schoolhouse Road Pediatrics on Schoolhouse Rd.  ;-)

456-1211

His specific pedi is Dr. Leary (and she's great!), but we have also seen a few other the other doctors there and have liked them all.

Any questions, let me know.

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We use Dr Price at Guilderland Pediatrics and LOVE him. He gives great advice, isn't pushy, supports the parents right to make parenting decisions (but gives you guidance along the way), such as when & how to start solids, when to forward face the car seat, etc. Lastly, he is very realistic. He doesn't think it's important to know exactly how many words your kid says at 12 months (or whenever), he would just ask "are they talking." He doesn't care if your kid eats every 3 hours vs every 4 hours, he just cares that they eat, are content, and are pooping/peeing okay. The way he talks leaves out any possible judgement and leaves the conversation open for discussion. There are many right ways to parent a child, and he leaves the parenting decisions up to the parent. I can't say enough about him. I also like all of the other people we've seen at the office.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    IMG_0173.11
    Trying for #2 since July 2010
    BFP 8/1/10, missed m/c, D&C 9/15/10.
    BFP 1/8/11, chemical pregnancy.
    BFP 3/4/11, measured behind all along, no more HB 4/18/11. D&C 4/29/11. HCG didn't drop, Repeat D&C 6/17/11; confirmed molar pregnancy 6/23/11.
    Forced break, including two Hysteroscopies in October to remove retained tissue.
    BFP 12/29/11! Betas @ 10 dpo = 85, 14 dpo= 498, 22 dpo = 7242
    Heard HB 1/24/12. 144 bpm!

Luca Rose born 9/9/12! More than worth the wait!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"