Orange County Babies

where to have an affordable baby shower in irvine ca?

this is our first pregnancy and my fiance and i both have big families. we are having a co-ed baby shower with close to 140 invites and that is with cutting a few friends and coworkers off the list. obviously not everyone will fit in our home and since we are due in october, we are hesitant to have it at a park because we are unsure how hot it is going to be this summer since we will most likely have it at the end of august or early sept. we are also concerned about what food to serve if we did have it at a park since bbq grills are so limited and it costs extra to use some amenities the parks offer. my fiance and i have never really had a party for our birthdays and this year has been extremely difficult because his mother passed away in november. were really looking forward into celebrating the arrival of our baby girl and having a great time with our family and friends. any advice is much appreciated. 

Re: where to have an affordable baby shower in irvine ca?

• we did a co-ed baby shower...but we had about 80 ppl attend. we had it at the clubhouse at columbus square (on edinger in tustin). they had tables and chairs already, and it was a great price for a day event ($150, i think?). you just need someone who lives there rent it out for you...you'll also need liability insurance; that's like $75.

good luck in finding a place!

• how about at a park? It's the perfect weather for it and there would be tons of space for games.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like I am in the exact same boat as you... we're having a coed shower for over 100 peeps the last weekend in August.  We were hesitant about it being too hot or logistically complicated at a park so we were lucky to find a friend who was able to rent out her clubhouse for us in Ladera.

I would put the word out there to all your close friends.  Each of them likely have their own resources and ideas :)

If you knows someone, who knows someone, who lives in the Villages at the Irvine Spectrum (and wanna spend some bucks!) the Villages have lots of great clubhouse options that are gorgeous!

Not in Irvine, but we also looked at... Mission Viejo Lake, Historical Cottage San Clemente, Dana Cove room, Laguna Hills Community Center, and Bell Tower regional.  (Most of them were more than we wanted to spend or had catering restrictions that turned us off)

GOOD LUCK! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"