Northern California Babies

Recommend your child's laptop/ computer

We've held off long enough and finally buying a children's computer/ laptop for C for his 4th b-day.  The LeapFrog My Own Leaptop was recommended to us, but from the amazon reviews- it looks like it may mainly be for younger children.  ???  But I dunno.  I am looking for one that has games maybe geared toward Kindergartener/ 1st grade level.

Re: Recommend your child's laptop/ computer

• Hey K, we don't have that exact one, but one similar... and I would say that its definately for Andrew's age group. I would think C would get board of it quickly.

This is a little different than what your asking, but have you seen the new LapPad (relized at the end of the month). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMy.ABC.Life:

Hey K, we don't have that exact one, but one similar... and I would say that its definately for Andrew's age group. I would think C would get board of it quickly.

This is a little different than what your asking, but have you seen the new LapPad (relized at the end of the month). 

Wow- that is a fancy one, A!  I want one.  :)  I'll hafta look at it more closely, but from first glance it scares me.  Like it is too adult- like.  :)  Especially if Alana's little fingers will be getting in on it too.

Julie- yes- I do have him play preschool games on our computers, but I am thinking it would be nice for him to have s'thing of his own.  It is tough though- I don't want anything too adult-like and I don't want anything too little kid-like.  I wish I could actually try some out before deciding.

• Loading the player...
  • We let Sara use our laptop and the iPad.  If you let him use your computer and you wanted a good educational site starfall.com  This is great for learning letters, putting letter sounds together, and learning to read.  (yep, I'm always pimping this site.  LOL)  She also likes PBS kids, Disney Junior, and Nick Jr.

I don't know about any of kid laptop ones because Sara got bored of the ones we got her pretty quickly.   

imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"