Minnesota Babies

I need advice on giving a baby shower

Hi Ladies! 

I will be throwing a baby shower for a dear friend and was wondering what kinds of things you would enjoy at your baby shower, (Or anything you have done or seen at baby showers you have attended) and what kinds of things you would consider a "no-no"  

We were thinking of doing a brunch get together for her and it is her second child so not sure what types of traditions go with that or not. (Her first born is a girl, and she is having a boy) So I figured there was nothing wrong with having a shower for her.  Thanks in advance!

Having the love of my life by my side makes it all worth it! ~*travelingchica*~ <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D

Re: I need advice on giving a baby shower

• technically, second showers are a no-no. Even if it's opposite gender.

Usually they're considered ok if there is 5+ years between children.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Agree with PP...

But if you're going to have one anyway, I'd just ask the mom to be...there really aren't any no-no's perse, but maybe the mom doesn't want games...its her shower she should have some input.

• Loading the player...
  • You could do a "Sprinkle" instead. Those seem to be more common in my group of friends when they are having another child .

• I agree with Payne, I sprinkle is really more appropriate than a full blown shower.  To me, the difference is that a sprinkle is smaller, and usually includes the closest friends and family members and is a bit more informal.  It's generally more of a get together to celebrate the new baby, than it is showering the new mother with gifts and play silly baby shower games.  Typically the mother doesn't register, and guests aren't technically required to bring a gift - but really who can resist picking up a cute outfit or two Wink
    bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • imagePayne2B2008:

You could do a "Sprinkle" instead. Those seem to be more common in my group of friends when they are having another child .

Yes

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • imagePayne2B2008:

You could do a "Sprinkle" instead. Those seem to be more common in my group of friends when they are having another child .

DP- Sorry

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"