September 2011 Moms
Options

Decrease in movement

I haven't felt LO move as much in the last week. Tomorrow I'll be 27 weeks. Is this normal or should I be worried? I've called my OB with "freak outs" four times so far this pregnancy, and I really don't want to call again. I'm pretty sure they have a big "Worry Wart" sticker on my file by now. I also have an appt. this Friday too.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Decrease in movement

• Options
    elyndselynds member

If you're worried, you should call.  It's what you pay them for. 

That said, last week I had very little movement.  I was still feeling LO every day, but not much at all.  I also was super hungry and tired.  Sure enough, over the weekend my belly felt so stretched and tight and grew quite a bit.  Now it feels like LO has much more room and has been kicking like crazy since Saturday night.  I've heard that the baby sleeps more right before a growth spurt, and I would say this was definitely the case for me.

• Options

This happened to me but I called last Tues even though I had an appt on Thurs and they had me come in ASAP for a movement monitoring. She was moving like crazy just couldn't feel her, found out it's because I have an anterior placenta and she must have flipped downward.

Long story, short, call the doctor if they feel there may be a concern they will have you come in for monitoring. Everyone is super nice and never feels that you are an over worrier. If it doesn't feel right then get it checked out for peace of mind, baby doesn't need the extra stress that a simple test can undo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you're worried about a decrease in movement please call ASAP especially if it's different from what your LO is usually doing.

My LO is very very lazy and aside from random kicks here and there hasn't moved much this entire pregnancy, but I have come to expect that.  If you were experiencing a certain level of movement and no longer are, please call your doctor right away.  Don't ever not call because you're afraid of being that patient or being called a worry wart.  I seriously call my doc like every other week.  That's what they're there for!

Keep us posted!

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options
    imagecamdenfaithful:

Don't ever not call because you're afraid of being that patient or being called a worry wart.  I seriously call my doc like every other week.  That's what they're there for!

This! I feel like I always have questions and the nurses are always very nice to me!

• Options

imagebuddy83:
    I haven't felt LO move as much in the last week. Tomorrow I'll be 27 weeks. Is this normal or should I be worried? I've called my OB with "freak outs" four times so far this pregnancy, and I really don't want to call again. I'm pretty sure they have a big "Worry Wart" sticker on my file by now. I also have an appt. this Friday too.

With all of the money your OB makes off of you, you have the luxury of "freaking out" whenever you want.  FTR, I don't consider anything that you're concerned about "freaking out," especially when you're pregnant.  Please call ASAP if you're worried.  Better safe than sorry!

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageelynds:

If you're worried, you should call.  It's what you pay them for. 

That said, last week I had very little movement.  I was still feeling LO every day, but not much at all.  I also was super hungry and tired.  Sure enough, over the weekend my belly felt so stretched and tight and grew quite a bit.  Now it feels like LO has much more room and has been kicking like crazy since Saturday night.  I've heard that the baby sleeps more right before a growth spurt, and I would say this was definitely the case for me.

Same here! I had a slow down at 27 weeks, and this past weekend he has been non stop.  I also noticed a dramatic decrease in movement right after my glucose test...and have seen some other posters say the same.  Don't hesitate to call you doctor, that is what they are there for!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Call! They don't care how much you call and even if they did, who cares?!? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I recently had a quiet few days but today the movement is back and stronger than ever. But everyone is different and like PP's said, your doctor is there for this very reason. It's better to be calling every day than sweeping it under the rug and just continue worrying.
    ~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Never feel like you are bothering them. Thats y they are there. The health of your baby is way more important than worrying what the nurses and drs think. Plus you are not the only one who has concerns. My drs always say call if anything changes if you feel different or something just doesnt seem right you call us!

• Options
    My doc doesn't even want me to call them. I'm supposed to call or go into L & D triage any time something is off (decreased movement, 5 contrax an hour, ect.). Good thing it's free for observation.
  • Options
    If you have a concern about movement I would definitely go in.  I was in L&D on Friday for monitoring when I realized I hadn't felt her move since the night before and none of my usual tricks were working.  It's always better to be safe and go.  Trust your instincts and your gut.  I felt a little silly when they hooked me up and her heartbeat was strong, but I would much rather feel silly than have something be wrong and not get it checked out.  I will say that I will be 27 weeks tomorrow as well and have noticed that she hasn't been moving around as much since late last week so maybe it is a growth related decrease.  This part is so hard - I thought I would be so much more comfortable once I could feel movement, but now that I know to expect it and am used to it, missing it just makes me more worried all of the time. 
  • Options

I was worried a few weeks ago about a decrease in movement in my baby as well, and I bought a kicktracker. It was about $24. I track her movements every day at around the same time each day, and I realized that even on her quiet days she still moves enough during that same time each day to be considered normal. I try to track during her most active time of the day. You don't have to buy a kicktracker to track kicks but its easier for me that way. I highly suggest getting one because its a lot easier than a pad and paper and trying to add up the time between kicks with preggie brain.

I agree with the others that said to call the doctor. I'd rather they label me as the worry wart patient than the patient that should have called. 

image image Visit The Nest!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"