South Florida Babies
Options

That which doesn't break us...

It's funny how sudden changes can put the world in perspective.  I have been worrying about post partum depression and trying to get my new daughter on a decent nap schedule.  My maternity leave just ended, our babysitter of 3 years gave notice (know anyone in Delray that you'd recommend?), the kids both came down with fevers yesterday and DH is leaving today for a 5 day business trip.

The funny thing is - despite how stressed I feel, I've also been hit with a realization that life is great.  We've been lucky to have someone who felt like a member of the family caring for our son for the past 3 years.  Our kids are both usually healthy and keep us on our toes and we have a lot to feel grateful for.  Sure, some things could be easier right now, but they could also be a heck of a lot harder.

Now to hang on to that thought after sleeping less than 3 hours last night...

Re: That which doesn't break us...

• Options
    It's all about perspective! Having a positive attitude like you do always helps though!
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

how old is lo #2?   I know how you feel in some respects.  I have already gone through coxsackie virus and a stomach virus since DD#2 came home.  I am a stay at home mom but my husband works and I have absolutely no family or friends that can help.  My family is in NJ.  It does get overwhelming.  I am starting to see the light now that DD2 is napping better, however, now she has been having nosebleeds and i am really stressed waiting for the blood results.  Sorry to hear aout the babysitter.  I live in the delray area...but after 2 yrs of looking I just found someone...and I don't even know if I am hiring them yet.  It is so hard to find someone that you can trust with your kids.

I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder and a little bit of ocd...so even though I don't get post partum...my anxiety has been an issue for me since before I have had kids.

You are right about that realization.  As I was sitting in the ENT dr.'s the other day with my 4 month old waiting to be seen because of nosebleeds and some petechia on her tongue....I said to myself...all those times I worried and spent time worrying when I should have just enjoyed those times....sooo from now on that is what I have been keeping in the back of my mind.

Im right there with you :)

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"