September 2011 Moms
Options

Dear Costco

I don't know how it is that you manage to sell 217 diapers for $35, but I don't want you to stop. I love you, Costco. If it weren't against the laws of man and God, I would take you to wife.

(Seriously, that membership is one of the best presents my parents ever got me...) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dear Costco

• Options

Yep, but you need a membership to order. Those stores are seriously amazing, I've gotten such good deals there over the past year... 

• Options
    We used Costco diapers for DD until we moved to an area with no Costco. Their powers of containment are fantastically amazing and saved our swing from blowouts on several occasions. Not sure why the swing in particular invited near blowouts, but those diapers did their job!
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagememali26:
    We used Costco diapers for DD until we moved to an area with no Costco. Their powers of containment are fantastically amazing and saved our swing from blowouts on several occasions. Not sure why the swing in particular invited near blowouts, but those diapers did their job!

I've heard good things about them and I'm glad to hear it here, too! Kirkland brand, I find, is in generally excellent. Hooray!  

• Options
    elyndselynds member

I love Costco!  Have you seen the Modern Family where Mitchell finally gets Cameron to go and he wants to buy a shed to store diapers in?  I could so go there! 

• Options
    imageelynds:

I love Costco!  Have you seen the Modern Family where Mitchell finally gets Cameron to go and he wants to buy a shed to store diapers in?  I could so go there! 

HA! Yes! In fact, when I found my laptop for several hundred dollars less on Costco than I saw it for in other stores, I got super excited and my husband said "You're like Mitchell with his paper-shredder!" 

• Options
    Ms5586Ms5586 member
    DH and I are definitely getting a membership soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

So the diapers are kirkland brand? I am going to look into this. Thanks for the heads up.

I LOVE costco! I make a trip there about once a month to stock up on things like toilet paper, paper towels, etc. However, I always find something else I can't liove without. I definitely don't make it out of there cheap,  but its so worth it!

• Options
    imagemarie_0907:

So the diapers are kirkland brand? I am going to look into this. Thanks for the heads up.

I LOVE costco! I make a trip there about once a month to stock up on things like toilet paper, paper towels, etc. However, I always find something else I can't liove without. I definitely don't make it out of there cheap,  but its so worth it!

I hear you. As my husband said, you can't freak out when you see you've spent $200 bucks, because you're saving money in the long run. Sure we just spent several hundred bucks, but I don't have to buy peanut butter or jelly for a year!

• Options
    we don't use costco anymore, but i did just check prices of pampers on amazon, and with amazonmom and subscribe and save, a box of 276 is $30.  This made me really happy.
  • Options
    imageLaComtesse:
    imagemarie_0907:

I hear you. As my husband said, you can't freak out when you see you've spent $200 bucks, because you're saving money in the long run. Sure we just spent several hundred bucks, but I don't have to buy peanut butter or jelly for a year!

I ALWAYS spend a lot there.The funny thing is, my husband is worse than me. I almost can't let him go alone!

• Options

The Kirkland brand are made by Huggies. I use them often, and I have never had a problem with them leaking/blowing out. I didn't like anything but Swaddlers for a newborn, but that might have been the FTM in me. Now I don't really care, cause, well, they collect poop and you throw em away. 

Even cheaper than the Kirkland brand are the Target ones, especially when you get them on sale. I like them equally as much too. 

• Options
    They're suppose to be building a Costco nearby!  I hope the rumor is true.
  • Options
    Our Costco only sells Huggies brand diapers.
  • Options

I've read reviews that Costco's Kirkland brand of diapers isn't as good....I've put a bunch of Pampers diapers on my registry (from NB to size 6).  I would love to buy the Kirkland diapers (b/c of cheaper cost), but I haven't found anyone I know who uses them...

...any thoughts???

• Options
    imagesupernat3:

I've read reviews that Costco's Kirkland brand of diapers isn't as good....I've put a bunch of Pampers diapers on my registry (from NB to size 6).  I would love to buy the Kirkland diapers (b/c of cheaper cost), but I haven't found anyone I know who uses them...

...any thoughts???

totally depends on the baby.  pampers and target worked for us.  huggies and kirkland did not.  this baby will probably be the exact opposite just to throw me off.

• Options

imageJenWhite123:
    Our Costco only sells Huggies brand diapers.

The difference in price between a case of Huggies and a case of Kirkland at Costco is less than $3.00. At least here it is. It isn't much incentive to buy the generic brand, especially in the larger sizes. In the size 1-2, you may get more pieces, I don't remember really.

Also, they do not make size 1 in Kirkland, they are 1-2, and the fit was a bit wonky at first, but they grow so fast it only lasted a week or two. 

• Options

We used swaddlers with both our girls until they would fit int he Kirkland brand.  Then it was Costco all the way!!

Their wipes are GREAT as well!  And they always sell some really cute Carter's outfits too!!

image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"