September 2011 Moms
Options

did you get a coming home outfit yet?

If so...post some pics!
Also, what size did you get?  Newborn?  What if the kid is too big for newborn?

Re: did you get a coming home outfit yet?

• Options

I have a couple different sleepers - one of which will be the coming home outfit (sorry no pips, DS "hid" our cable needed to upload pictures).

I am huge on babies being comfortable in those first few weeks especially, so I just found a really cute sleeper in a NB size, and one in 0-3 as well.  I picked ones that I probably wouldn't usually spend that much on ... so they are a little special.

Most babies can at least come home in NB size, but just in case, I threw in the 0-3 size as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

yup!  clearance at kohls.  i wouldn't worry about it being too big.  they are so curled up when they are newborns that just about everything is big on them. on the chance that you ended up with a 10lb baby, you could always have someone go get you a 0-3 month outfit.

this is what we have.  got it for around $6.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTheFannins729:

yup!  clearance at kohls.  i wouldn't worry about it being too big.  they are so curled up when they are newborns that just about everything is big on them. on the chance that you ended up with a 10lb baby, you could always have someone go get you a 0-3 month outfit.

I agree... my kid was 9 lbs 9 oz at birth and 0-3 was absolutely swimming on him... newborn fit really well and he had room to grow. My friend who had a 7lb 2oz baby fit perfectly in preemie outfits... I know they look SO tiny, but you will be surprised just how little they are! Stick with newborn...

And no... I haven't actually bought or done anything for this baby. We just got done transitioning DS into a big boy bed and new room... I just can't get it together to get her nursery done yet. Maybe in a few weeks I'll find the energy....

• Options
    We had a newborn and 0-3 for dd and both were huge.. only one that fit were the newborn gerber inside because gerber likes to cut thin and long.. she was tall and skinny even at almost 8lbs! Footed outfits were out once she stopped curling to.. so I have one preemie outfit by accident well take that and a newborn and see which fits.. it'll just be us taking him home so no need for super special outfits
  • Options
    I had a preemie and newborn size for our little guy last time around since our first 2 were small. All my kids weighed within the 6 lb mark and were 18-19 inches and like PP's said, they stay really curled up for a the first couple of weeks. I too did the footed sleepers for taking them home.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    We haven't yet, but once the cooler weather clothes are out again we'll go pick out a cute footed sleeper for her like we did with DD1. I got newborn for DD1 and took a back up 0-3, but she weighed less than 7 lbs and was down almost to 6 lbs when we brought her home, so even the newborn was big on her! I'll pick out something in newborn for this LO, too. 
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageTheFannins729:

Very cute sleeper!

• Options

When we found out we were having a boy I went and bought three newborn outfits.  So I might do one of those.  DS was 8 lbs 8 oz and 21 inches and he was in newborn for at least a month or so.  0-3 was huge on him.  I have a bunch of Gerber ones from DS but I wanted to get something new for this baby.  Oh and I love the zippered ones.  So much easier than buttons when they're tiny.

These are the three we got....

• Options

I got the outfit below off of zulily, it is by mooncakes, but the smallest size it comes in is 0-3 months so I want to find a newborn one too. Sorry, I couldn't post a picture, just the link-but I love it..I bought the matching hat too.

https://www.moon-cakes.com/product_preview.php?product=306976849117

Former nest name=nettie Mom to Nick 09/13/05, Isabel 07/20/07, and Tori 09/08/11 image
  • Options
    I haven't bought anything yet. I'm actually thinking of making something.
  • Options
    imageMelett:

I got the outfit below off of zulily, it is by mooncakes, but the smallest size it comes in is 0-3 months so I want to find a newborn one too. Sorry, I couldn't post a picture, just the link-but I love it..I bought the matching hat too.

https://www.moon-cakes.com/product_preview.php?product=306976849117

• Options
    No, but I'm hoping we'll get some cute baby outfits at the shower in about a month.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"