Military Families

(NBR) I can't believe my sister is this psycho!

Ok, so we all know them- the "tag" chasers...Well, my twin sister is one of them. But not only that, she has always been one to strive for attention, like faking injuries and sicknesses, acting overly unique, doing crazy things....

But ever since I married my husband, she has had this obsession with military men. She loved to come visit me so she could be around them, and last November, she dropped out of college...she secretly drove to Kansas (from Indiana) to meet an Army guy from online, and asked me not to tell my parents...I tried to keep the secret to avoid my parents getting mad, but when my sister wouldn't answer her phone for 3 days, I decided I had to tell them because I was getting worried...And she got soo pissed at me for telling. So my parents decided that maybe she needed a change of pace, so I let her move in with my husband and I, hoping to teach her a lesson about the "real world." Well...that went horribly wrong.......

I overheard her talking to a friend back home, saying that she just needs to get married and have someone take care of her and her loan debts from college. I had to talk her out of driving to Maryland to marry a guy she had met once in person....And there were so many times in NC where she screwed me over, for example, when we had to move our house into a storage unit, I ended up packing and having to move boxes (All while 13 weeks pregnant) while she sat on her ass webcaming with some random army guy overseas....another time I needed to take all of my blankets to the laundry to wash them before I packed them away, and she promised me I could use her Jeep to fit more instead of my car, but when the day came, she got up early while I was sleeping and left to go to a guy's house 2 hours away so she could "say goodbye"...Then she was house-sitting our base house for us while we were on pre-deployment leave, and when my dog got out, instead of going and getting him with her car (which always works) she decided to open a bottle of wine and get drunk....Well PMO returned my dog two days later...And we found this out from my husband's buddy, who was the one who saw our dog running around by the back gate and reported it missing! She never even called us to let us know! And on that same trip, our house was broken into, and she never called to tell us...We got a call from my husband's Sgt. and PMO a day later, asking us if she had informed us...! Then we got a call from PMO two days after the attempted break-in, around 8:00 PM, letting us know that our house was unsecured- all the lights were on, the curtains drawn and windows open, the doors open and unlocked...and the dogs were left tied out outside...my sister was no where to be found...All of our valuables were just sitting there, unprotected. My husband's gun collection, our TV, our computers...EVERYTHING!!! Turns out she had gone to work and left everything like that.

On top of it all, she joined all these dating sites when she first moved in, and then began to go meet the servicemen in actual person...She would drive 45 minutes to go meet a Marine from another base, and then stay at his house that night!! 

So after 5 guys later that she had been engaged to (all she had met online and became "engaged" to before she ever met them) she met a guy online from Seattle, WA...He's in the Army and stationed out there...so after a month of talking online, he buys her a plane ticket and she goes out there...11 days later, she is engaged...13 days later, she is married to him, and she never called to tell me any of it....I'm saying HOLY SH**!!
When she first got there, she called me a few times, and tried to relate with me on being a military wife...she hadn't even married him yet! She was already saying, "Our money" and "our car"!! So I let her have a piece of my mind, and she quit calling me...
So now she calls my parents, and they put her on speaker phone, and they want me to say my congrats and be all happy for her, and when I shake my head and don't say anything, they get upset with me because they think I am being too hard on her...

But what really tops it off is the fact that my dad decided to jump my ass about all of it- telling me that I need to quit how I am acting and I need to call her and talk to her...and blah blah blah...Well when she calls him, he doesn't say a damn thing to her about anything. In fact, the night she got married at the courthouse, she called my parents and asked for this huge, expensive wedding gift...They had never even said anything to her about getting her a gift, she just took it upon herself to call and tell them what she wanted!! And my mom and dad just said, "Ok, we'll look into it."
But they raised all kinds of hell when I told them I was getting married and not going to college...They let my DH know it too...They had all the guts in the world to let us know how they felt...yet here they sit, eating out of my sister's hand, lecturing me on how I need to be treating her.
I finally told my dad that I am no longer his problem, that I will say what I want to say to my sister...That they need to stop babying her (it's been a lifetime of it) And I am tired of making excuses for her, and just having to say, "Oh, that's my sister Dani, that silly girl!"

Enough is enough, and I am putting off talking to her until further notice. I cannot forget everything that she did in NC, and now she is pulling more stunts for even more attention...I just wish my parents could see the same thing!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: (NBR) I can't believe my sister is this psycho!

• WOW!!! Well I think you have every right to feel the way you do!! Your sister sounds a bit inmature, and in a fantasy land. People like that usually have to learn on their own. Im sorry your parents are treating you like that. Maybe they think by going against her it will make things worse. If I were you I would stick to your guns....Good luck
  • That is freaking ridiculous!! I think I would just about kill my sister and parents for thinking her behavior is "okay." Sorry you have to put up with that crappy drama.

• Loading the player...
  • You are not your sister's parent.  It sounds like you resent the fact that she totally took advantage of you and your husband but if you weren't happy with the way she was conducting herself in your home then you should have kicked her out, since you didn't you just enabled her immature ways.

You don't have to be happy about her choice to marry someone on the fly but that's her problem not yours.  If it blows up in her face she'll have to deal with consequences.  If your parents rescue her in that event than that is their business, not yours.

• I appreciate you all for wasting your time and reading this...It just blows my mind when I think about the way she's acted...She used to be such a good person. I think it's hard to come to realization because she is my TWIN SISTER, and we used to be so close, but it was like something consumed her and took over for the worse!
    I try to comprehend why she can act this way...After all the things my parents and I have done for her...And PP, of course I resent the fact that she took advantage of me and my husband, it hurts because she has never said thank you, or acknowledged any of it, but instead done things I can't be so forgiving about.
    I see what it does to our little sister, and my mom and dad, and I just wish she would grow up...I feel as though anywhere she goes, she just leaves a mess and expects people to worship her and pick up after her.
  • What exactly did you expect to happen when you let her move in?  You knew who she was before she moved in.  If you thought you could "change" her in some way, you were obviously wrong.  Take it is a lesson learned and stay out of it from now on.  Distance yourself and move on.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's just it...she wasn't like that before...And it's hard to move on when you are talking about your TWIN SISTER. It's never been like this before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"