May 2011 Moms

Baby Throwing Up....

My daughter is spitting up almost every feeding. She is very content when she throws up, it usually just dribbles right out of her mouth...poor thingSad..anyone else??

Re: Baby Throwing Up....

• I think as long as she isn't in pain or doesn't seem uncomfortable that it is fine. Unless she isn't gaining weight appropriately. 

I just took my lo in today and she was put on Zantac for her reflux, and she doesn't throw up hardly ever.

So, I guess a happy puker is not a bad thing!ha 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I ebf and DD spits up almost every time she eats and sometimes right before.   We spoke with the pediatrician last week after a scary explosive episode and she said it sounds like reflux.  We go into the office on Monday, so we'll see what they do then.  I was told to feed her smaller amounts more often.  We've been nursing for ten minutes every 1 - 3 hours, depending on what DD wants.  Sounds like you may be in the same boat...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO projectile vomited up his feedings. He was perfectly fine during the episodes and would knock out for a good amount of time after. He's considered a "happy spitter" but he does have reflux. We took him to the doctor and got a prescription for Zantac. He's getting much better and now his vomit episodes are more spit ups and the volume of what he spits up is significantly less when it does happen.
  • imageBabyWillMake3:
    My LO projectile vomited up his feedings. He was perfectly fine during the episodes and would knock out for a good amount of time after. He's considered a "happy spitter" but he does have reflux. We took him to the doctor and got a prescription for Zantac. He's getting much better and now his vomit episodes are more spit ups and the volume of what he spits up is significantly less when it does happen.

This exactly.
  • imagebelladonna11307:
    I ebf and DD spits up almost every time she eats and sometimes right before.   We spoke with the pediatrician last week after a scary explosive episode and she said it sounds like reflux.  We go into the office on Monday, so we'll see what they do then.  I was told to feed her smaller amounts more often.  We've been nursing for ten minutes every 1 - 3 hours, depending on what DD wants.  Sounds like you may be in the same boat...

This is what we have been doing and its helped a lot too!.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We inclined DD's mattress on a rolled up towel ( about 30 degrees) and that has helped a lot...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"