September 2011 Moms
Options

Holy crap I can't breathe!

It's totally normal and just due to my lungs getting squished, right?  I talked to my midwife about it the other day and she wasn't concerned--said it was totally normal at this stage in the game.  It's just really bad today!  Any suggestions?

Re: Holy crap I can't breathe!

• Options
    You seem to have a short torso like me. It gets worse :( My co-worker just told me I was breathing heavy on the phone with her. DH even tells me I snore now. Try not to hunch over, sit up straight. Wish I had more advice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ugh- me too when I sit on my bed propped up. If I am at the wrong angle or something I start getting dizzy and I can't breathe. 

I am trying to sit tall (and have good posture when sitting) and it seems to help. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageitalnprncss78:
    You seem to have a short torso like me. It gets worse :( My co-worker just told me I was breathing heavy on the phone with her. DH even tells me I snore now. Try not to hunch over, sit up straight. Wish I had more advice.

Yup, I've got a short torso for sure.  It's okay that you don't have more advice--I'll take what I can get!

• Options

imageMrsMichelleB:
    It is normal. Is it more hot/humid than it has been? That could effect it also. 

It's both here today--that could explain it.  It stormed all night, and now it's hot and muggy.

• Options
    Try sitting up REALLY tall, elongate your torso. And if you have a tight bra or shirt on maybe take it off/change. I think it just gets worse until the baby drops, then we will all be like AHHHHHH I can breathe again!
    ~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

That happens to me sometimes if I've been leaning forward for too long. Maybe try leaning back in your chair? Don't fall over.

Or try laying down on your left side?

• Options
    I usually just try to sit up really straight and take a few deep breaths. It makes me less dizzy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Did you walk too fast down a hall? Change the sheets on your bed? Fold laundry? Do dishes? Oh wait, maybe those are things that just make ME out of breath. : ) I can totally relate! I find that sitting up tall like everyone else mentioned works and as of late, I've been trying to stretch in the monrings. I have no clue if this works, but I tell myself it does. Sometimes I can't even sit on my couch! I have to stand up and try to relax. How are we going to make it to 40 weeks?!! Eeeeek
    MJ. Born 9-4-2011. 2 Weeks Old Here. Photobucket
  • Options
    I've been having the same probem for a couple of days. I think like a PP said, we're kinda stuck till baby drops.
  • Options

I can't breathe if:

I eat

I drink

I walk up the stairs too fast

I sit in too-much of a recline position

I sit too slouched

I lay on my back

it's too hot

and that's just the beginning. lol. The worst is choosing between eating and breathing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"