Maryland Babies

Baltimore board rocks! (slight vent)

I don't post very often on any of TB boards, but I wanted to say that I feel like the moms on this board are all generally nice, and helpful. 

Here's the vent:

I'm not going to be dramatic and say I was flamed, because it wasn't that bad, but I posted on the "friday confession" threads of a monthly board, in relation to someone else's post, that I didn't feel like I "fit" or can comment much, because my EDD is at the last day of the month, so a lot of the current threads aren't relevant to me yet (comparing size, weight, anatomy scans, fundal height, sex, symptoms, etc).  I noted that I can learn a lot about what's coming, but don't often feel that I can contribute much, especially as a FTM.  On the other hand, the next month's board is hard to relate to as well, because they aren't quiet as far along.  That was it. 

The reply was that I sounded standoff-ish and that the responder had no trouble relating to anyone who was at a different stage of pregnancy.  Maybe she wants a gold star?  My point was that part of the draw (for me) of the monthly boards was to have camaraderie with other people who are experiencing the same things, and that for me, it was hard to find a good fit.

So, back to my original point.  I appreciate that even though we are all at different stages of child ownership, you guys are kind, helpful, and there is a general lack of snark.   

IMG_2304IMG_3206
Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Baltimore board rocks! (slight vent)

• LOL! The bump boards crack me up. There are so many uptight people who get their panties in a twist about every.little.thing.

Oh, and I know exactly what you are talking about. Right now I have a due date of 11/5 but OB keeps mentioning changing it to 10/28. So I feel I don't fit it exactly on the October or the November boards.

I love everyone here.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So is your due date halloween? That is my birthday! I keep thinking that would be so cool if this baby was born on halloween too!
  • Loading the player...
  • ras26ras26 member

imagemrs. remy:
    So is your due date halloween? That is my birthday! I keep thinking that would be so cool if this baby was born on halloween too!

Yes!  I'm excited about it too, even though I recognize that it probably won't come on that day.  If I had to guess, I'd probably say that I'll end up first week of November.

IMG_2304IMG_3206
  • I didn't experience that in pg, but I did when DD was born. I don't post anymore on the month boards, I just lurk. I was induced 3 weeks early, so my daughter is far behind her birth month board and slightly ahead of her due date birth board. (FWIW, I think they calculated my original due date early by a week, so DD was 4 weeks early)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageras26:

imagemrs. remy:
    So is your due date halloween? That is my birthday! I keep thinking that would be so cool if this baby was born on halloween too!

Yes!  I'm excited about it too, even though I recognize that it probably won't come on that day.  If I had to guess, I'd probably say that I'll end up first week of November.

Good point...the due date they gave my mom was 10/26 and I was 5 days past that. My son was 4 days past his due date. But you never know.

• imagemadladybride:
    I didn't experience that in pg, but I did when DD was born. I don't post anymore on the month boards, I just lurk. I was induced 3 weeks early, so my daughter is far behind her birth month board and slightly ahead of her due date birth board. (FWIW, I think they calculated my original due date early by a week, so DD was 4 weeks early)

Maybe I should be happy that those months boards weren't around in 2009 because I know I would not fit in anywhere. I left lost on the 0-3 months board when A was little. I usually lurk on the 12-24 months. 

• What is FTM?

Fuckthosebitches - seriously - what is the big deal about whether your are 19 week or 20 weeks or due Octobe 28th vs. November 1?  Once your kid is here it won't make a bit of difference - as I recall, 2nd week was just as hard as the 1st week.

LOL that you are "standoffish" on an INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD.

Whatever - drama-rama - stay here.  We're nice, mostly. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yea, the only non-batimore boards I post on are D&R (very rarely) and the Working Mom's board.  Most of the national boards are full of crazies.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ras26ras26 member
    imageKathrynMD:

What is FTM?

Fuckthosebitches - seriously - what is the big deal about whether your are 19 week or 20 weeks or due Octobe 28th vs. November 1?  Once your kid is here it won't make a bit of difference - as I recall, 2nd week was just as hard as the 1st week.

LOL that you are "standoffish" on an INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD.

Whatever - drama-rama - stay here.  We're nice, mostly. 

FTM = first time mom

Thank you!!!   Generally I just WATCH the drama over there.  Occasional continued lurking seems like a good idea.   Really they weren't that hard on me, she just didn't seem to get why I didn't feel I would have, for example, much to say about anatomy scans a month ago when mine is next week, and I'm not yet getting all excited about 24 week viability, when I haven't even seen the 20 (21)week ultrasound.  Not that anyone truly cares to start with, but after like (literally) 112 posts about "it's a boy" or "it's a girl" people are pretty sick of them by the time I can play the game. 

IMG_2304IMG_3206
  • LOL this cracks me up. People take this stuff a little serious wouldn't you say? It's a message board... chat board... whatever! :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I posted while pregnant with my first baby and I felt like a loser for not doing this or that before the baby was born. With baby #2, I never even visited those sites. They are crazy and I didn't want to waste my time on it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • StephKStephK member
    imageras26:

Thank you!!!   Generally I just WATCH the drama over there.  Occasional continued lurking seems like a good idea.   Really they weren't that hard on me, she just didn't seem to get why I didn't feel I would have, for example, much to say about anatomy scans a month ago when mine is next week, and I'm not yet getting all excited about 24 week viability, when I haven't even seen the 20 (21)week ultrasound.  Not that anyone truly cares to start with, but after like (literally) 112 posts about "it's a boy" or "it's a girl" people are pretty sick of them by the time I can play the game. 

Please don't think I'm following you.  I rarely post on this board, but I do read and I just so happened to read this post and remembered your post on October.

I know the person who responded to you and I think you missed her point.  I know she said standoffish, but I think she meant that the only way that can change is if you participate more, instead of staying quiet because you don't feel like you fit in.  The people who tend to post the most on that board just so happen to be around the same time in their pregnancy, that doesn't mean everyone is there. 

I hope that didn't scare you away and you feel free to participate more.  I think people there are REALLY nice compared to some of the boards.  Have you had your anatomy scan yet?  I promise to be nice to you if you post more. Angel

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I rarely post on nationals, b/c many of them do tend to have drama running high (particularly the pregnancy boards... nothing like a bunch of women all gathered together w/ pregnancy hormones flowing).  I lurked on the month board for DS, but I ran into a similar issue during my pregnancy/after his birth - he was due 7/4, but was born 6/29.  I was always way ahead of the curve for the July board b/c I was one of the early ones to reach pregnancy milestones, but once he was born, lurking on the July board didn't work either b/c many of them were still waiting for their babies to arrive. 

I don't know, I found it weird too at the time b/c I felt like I didn't fit anywhere, but whatever.  It really wasn't a big deal - the months boards provided more info once he was here, anyway, and before that, the tri boards also gave some helpful info (and some entertaining drama :) ).  I tend to stick to the local b/c I "know" everyone around here, and they're who I would trust to give me advice over people I don't know.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"