Upstate NY Babies

Healthy Living Ladies!

Happy Friday girls! I know last weekend some of us had a tough time... so I thought I'd do a accountability check for our weekend plans to STAY ON TRACK!

What are you doing this weekend to stay active and make healthy choices?

Anything else to share?

Re: Healthy Living Ladies!

• Tonight I'm definitely budgeting some calories for a couple beers! Telyco, I might pick up some of that beer you suggested... the 55 select was it? But we do have like a whole case of Ultra Light left from Evans party.

Tomorrow I will hit up the farmers market for lots of fruit and veggies. This totally helped last week... I had veggies cut up to snack on or add to salads all week. Tomorrow DH gets his pick for dinner, since we are going to my parents for FD. (he's not a huge fan of my moms cooking!) But he picked Chivettas marinaded bone in chicken breast, and I'll just pull the skin off mine (well, maybe eat a small piece, since it's so good!) with sweet potatoes and salad.

Father's Day will be a test of willpower, I'm sure. My mom is making pulled pork for sandwiches. But I'm making the rolls, and they'll be whole wheat and slider size. That way I can have a small sandwich and not blow my calories. I'm also making broccoli slaw and dessert. Anyone have any good healthy desserts that make a nice presentation? I might make angel food cake cupcakes filled w/ fruit and topped w/ lowfat cream cheese icing.

I plan on going to the gym today and tomorrow.

One thing I need to do is hide the scale! I keep stepping on it and driving myself crazy. I know weight can vary a few pounds at different points in the day... but I keep weighing myself. I've gone from a 4lb loss to a 2lb gain at different times over the week. No stepping on the scale till Monday morning!  

• I WILL stay on track this weekend! I am 2.5 lbs away from a HUGE milestone...not in weight loss but in the number on the scale. I'm too embarrassed to admit what it is...but y'all can probably use your imaginations :) I still can't believe I gained this much over my pregnancies...but it SO is time to get rid of it. I don't know if I can drop that over the weekend..but I sure am going to try! I'm going to drink a ton of water and try to run for longer stretches. I think I may start that C25K but I'm not sure if I would like the structure or not. Good luck everyone!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yeah ... I am so bad with weighing myself too often!! I hope to hide the scale until Monday too. The thing is - it motivates me more if I lose but then if I gain I need to emotionally eat :) And yep - it's Select 55...can't go wrong with 55 calories! :)
  • wendyjwendyj member

I'm going to be stopping at a farm stand on the way home to pick up some fresh fruits and veggies. I think the only fruit I have left in the house are apples and bananas. This way, I'll have something healthy to munch on when I get a case of the nibbles.

My parents want to take us out for BBQ on Saturday night, so I will probably eat light for most of the day to save up my points for then. Plus, I'll need to force myself to drink lots of water so that I hopefully won't retain too much fluid from eating it.

Exercise is always my problem. I still don't know where to fit it in. Tonight I'm hoping the rain is gone so that we can take Ian minigolfing. If it's not raining on Saturday, it's going to be all about yardwork. As long as Ian can keep himself occupied. He's at the stage where if we're outside, it's to play with him, and that's the only reason we're there. Last night, he wasn't too bad, but that's not always the case. I'm going to try to fit a walk in there somewhere.

• imagewendyj:

I'm going to be stopping at a farm stand on the way home to pick up some fresh fruits and veggies. I think the only fruit I have left in the house are apples and bananas. This way, I'll have something healthy to munch on when I get a case of the nibbles.

My parents want to take us out for BBQ on Saturday night, so I will probably eat light for most of the day to save up my points for then. Plus, I'll need to force myself to drink lots of water so that I hopefully won't retain too much fluid from eating it.

Exercise is always my problem. I still don't know where to fit it in. Tonight I'm hoping the rain is gone so that we can take Ian minigolfing. If it's not raining on Saturday, it's going to be all about yardwork. As long as Ian can keep himself occupied. He's at the stage where if we're outside, it's to play with him, and that's the only reason we're there. Last night, he wasn't too bad, but that's not always the case. I'm going to try to fit a walk in there somewhere.

Do you have the 30 day shred? That may be something to try after I goes to bed. I've been doing the treadmill at like 10/11 at night and it's hard
  • wendyjwendyj member
    imageTelyco:
    imagewendyj:

Do you have the 30 day shred? That may be something to try after I goes to bed. I've been doing the treadmill at like 10/11 at night and it's hard

I do, but by the time Ian's in bed, I'm wiped out. My best time for exercising is right after work, but since DH and I are on such different schedules, it's just me and Ian and I want to spend my time with him. School ends next week, and I only have to work 10 days this summer, so I'm planning to build in a lot more exercise, possibly try the C25K in the mornings when DH is home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"