September 2011 Moms
Options

possible pre-E :(

I've been having swelling now for about two weeks.  Yesterday I had a bad headache all day.  I went into work at 11 PM for nights.  The headache didn't go away so I had another nurse check my blood pressure.  It was in the 130s over 70s (my highest at my MW was 98 systolically).  I went on break and rested and we decided to take it again afterward as maybe my paranoia plus headache pain was increasing my blood pressure.  Came back from break, headache drasticall/y improved but my BP was still 135/75.  I had another nurse look at the swelling on my legs and she agreed it was pitting edema.  I took my weight on the scale at work and am up 34 pounds since prepregnancy weight and have gained 11 since my appt 3 weeks ago. 
I called my MW after work and she had me call her backup as she wanted to have a labs drawn.  I called them at 8 and again at 1130, finally they called back at 4 pm.  The CNM coverring for my backup had the nurse tell me that they really only get concerned if it's greater than 140/90.  (I told her I was aware that i hadn't crossed that yet, however my blood pressure was very high from my baseline and all the other symptoms)  I told her that my MW had requested labs (which i had mentioned when i called the previous 2 times) and they finally said they would do labs.  Just very very frustrating.  Labs should be back tomorrow afternoon.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: possible pre-E :(

• Options
    Keeping you in my prayers...keep us posted!
  • Options
    Oh honey, I'm so sorry you're feeling yucky--plus having a hard time getting answers.  What would this mean for your birth plan--would you still be able to try for a home birth, or would pre-e make you too high risk?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lots of thoughts and prayers for you! Take calming breaths and try not to stress about it, I know its hard not to, but don't work yourself up to a higher BP from worrying! I've doone that before!
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wedding Anniversary: August 7th 2010 BFP: December 22nd 2010 Beautiful Little Birthday: August 30th 2011

BLOG.

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this! I will keep you and your little one in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us in the loop.
  • Options
    Good luck hun. Let us know what you find out.
  • Options

imagewomancake:
    Oh honey, I'm so sorry you're feeling yucky--plus having a hard time getting answers.  What would this mean for your birth plan--would you still be able to try for a home birth, or would pre-e make you too high risk?

I think it will depend on my labs and if things end up getting worse (more edema and weight gain).  I always run on the low side blood pressure wise so I haven't been doing anything in my diet for prevention.  So I can definately make modifications.  Last night was the first time i had high bps so it could just be a one time and everything could be fine.  Will just have to wait and see i guess.  hopefully will not be an issue...would be sooo disappointing

• Options
    Thoughts and prayers going out to you.  Hopefully it's not as bad as it seems and its just a fluke.  Rest mama and keep us posted!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Sometimes systolic numbers rise in the last trimester. I had a similar issue with weight gain and swelling my last pregnancy, and my blood pressure was high for me, but not high statistically. Its the diastolic number that they worry about. I believe 90 is the threshold for high pressure. Hopefully its just the side effect of extra blood volume and fluids making your pressure higher. 

Keep us posted! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"