September 2011 Moms

Third Trimester Anxiety/ MTHFR

I don't know why this is happening to me, but lately I have been having anxiety about little man and his safety during the third trimester (think still born, cord accidents...).  I guess I am terrified that I will carry this baby to term and I will find out something tragic has happened in the last few weeks.  I am usually calm, cool and collected, but this past week, something sprung up in me and I can't stop myself from worrying.  I know, if something is going to happen I can't stop it, but still..... anyone else freaking out lately?  I was telling DH my fears and crying last night.... so not like me.

On a side note, anyone else have MTHFR gene mutation?  Maybe this is what started my anxiety.... I have a one copy of the mutation and am on folic acid and baby aspirin for preventive measures, but am nervous about the late term complications that "can" occur.  I plan on talking to my doctor on Tuesday, who is very happy with the way things are going, but was just looking to see if anyone else has any experience with this. My sister and mother have it and both only had early side effects from it and carried to full term with no problems.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Third Trimester Anxiety/ MTHFR

• I am terrified of umbilical cord accidents. I read a couple of stories about them happening and I shouldn't have. That is pretty much the only thing I worry about while he's actually in me. I do have severe anxiety about getting him out safely. I am worried that there are going to be complications. I think about this daily. My DH tries to make me feel better by saying absolutely nothing bad is going happen, but that does zero help. Neither of us really know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am with you. With my first two children I didn't worry nearly as much. Just lately I have had the feeling that something may go wrong. I can't pin point it ... everything seems to be fine with the tests and ultrasounds, but just a feeling. I try not to linger on it, though ... which is hard.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Lisa (Ali1b1g+1)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Codi, I worry about the baby being stillborn or cord complications too, not his safety once he's out.  It sucks having these thoughts and I just can't seem to shake em.  It would be s terrible to carry and bond with LO so long and then to have something happen.....ugh.
  • I think that having anxiety at this stage has got to be normal. We're gettnig closer and closer to D day when this all culminates. I think it makes perfect sense.

Maybe I'm abnormal, but I am comforted by statistics. I believe that by this stage in the game, something like 95% of pregnancies end in healthy moms and healthy babies (not sure on the exact number, somewhere around there). That makes me feel better because it appeals to my logic instead of my nervous emotions. 

• My anxiety has ramped up lately too. LO will literally be moving around so much that I can see it from the outside, and an hour later he's quiet and I start thinking "What if he died????" AN HOUR LATER. Of course, he then moves again soon and I roll my eyes at myself.

I worry about all sorts of things going wrong. I actually have a list somewhere. It's kind of ridiculous.

I think part of it is now that I can feel him and he has habits and even a bit of a schedule, I'm starting to get to "know" him. This isn't as theoretical now. There's a baby in there. MY BABY. The thought of something happening is worse than it ever has been.

Hang in there! I make myself go through friends who have had healthy, full term babies without a problem to help me remember that problems like I worry about are uncommon. (Sometimes it helps....)

TTC since 10/07
    11 medicated cycles
    including...
    4 IUIs*5 IVFs*1 FET
    2 chemical pregnancies*missed m/c @8w 9/09*missed (twin) m/c @8w 5/10
    Laparoscopic myomectomy 8/10

Chromosomal translocation of #2 now requires ICSI and PGD

IVF #4= success!!! G-man born 8/18/11

IVF #5 2/2013 = N born 10/10/13 at 35w3d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I had a complete breakdown yesterday.  I was out buying fabric and rested my hand on my belly, the woman cutting my fabric asked if she was moving, and I realized that she hadn't really been moving much the past couple of days.  I burst into tears and left the store without my fabric and raced home to find my doppler.  Well, we just moved and things are still in boxes.  So I was going through every box bawling and freaking out and was having a hard time finding it(it was in the baby's room unpacked the entire time.  I had no issues finding the heartbeat and 10 minutes after she started moving quite intensely.  But I don't think I'll ever be able to not worry from now on.  I have a spreadsheet on my phone to record movements.
  • Just knowing I am not alone helps.  I feel like a wacko psycho first trimester mommy all of a sudden!
  • I feel the exact way. I have heterozygous FVL and lately I've been freaking out over something going wrong. My MW was slightly concerned because she didn't know too much about is as the OB did, but the hematologist showed absolutely NO concern for it at all just because I have no history of blood clots. It kind of bothered me because I felt, regardless if I had a clot before or not, isn't there some sort of precautions to take? But I've been reading posts on the high-risk board about others with FVL and they're all on some sort of blood thinner, so it worries me I should be too! The hematologist said I didnt' really need to continue with the baby aspirin (it wouldn't cause any damage or problems if I still took it) so I still take it as a precaution, just in case.

Sometimes I feel though I'm the only one concerned about it causing problems. There's a slim chance it can cause a late term loss or a still born, knowing that and even thinking about it makes me burst out in tears.

I hope your doctor gets some relief and good luck! Smile

• I share this general anxiety as I move into third tri.  And I'm sure it will shift into all the worries about having an infant actually in the world. 

• You aren't alone. For some reason the 30 week mark TERRIFIES me. I think about it all the time, like a giant looming 3-0- in my mind. Not sure why. Whenever the thought of still born, cord accidents, or anything like that comes in my mind I force it out and remind myself how healthy she is today and that she will be that way tomorrow too.

Good luck talking to your doc on Tuesday. Hopefully you will share what he tells you cause I know nothing about MTHFR mutation, very interesting.

~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Aw Pina, everything will be fine. It is very normal to have anxiety towards the tail end. Keep your head up and think positively. You don't need any added stress.

((HUGS))

• imagePina:

I don't know why this is happening to me, but lately I have been having anxiety about little man and his safety during the third trimester (think still born, cord accidents...).  I guess I am terrified that I will carry this baby to term and I will find out something tragic has happened in the last few weeks. 

I think about this from time to time. As the pregnancy progresses, I think about it more and more. I think, in some capacity, it's normal to worry about this stuff.

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"