September 2011 Moms
Options

I hit a deer today :( Car PIPs

I'm fine, and so is Cael. I'm very surprised there was not more damage to my jeep, but I still need repairs. Good thing is that it's still drive-able. Since the front bumper is one piece, I'm going to need that whole thing replaced. As well as a new driver side turn signal, and we need to figure out why my fog lights don't work - maybe something was jarred on impact. Here's some pictures :( My poor jeep. The deer ran off, of course.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I hit a deer today :( Car PIPs

• Options

Glad you and baby are okay... that is scary!

Can I confess that when I saw the "PIP" I totally thought it was pictures of the deer so was hesitant to click it... but wanted to make sure you were okay? lol. It's been a loooooong day!

• Options
    imageTraycee1242:

Glad you and baby are okay... that is scary!

Can I confess that when I saw the "PIP" I totally thought it was pictures of the deer so was hesitant to click it... but wanted to make sure you were okay? lol. It's been a loooooong day!

Oh geeze, I would never take or share pictures of a dead deer! lol..Maybe I should change the subject title..It has been a long day in deed! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    EnamiEnami member
    I'm glad everyone (including the deer) walked away from this ok! Sorry about your car, but I am one of those people that would rather total my car than kill an animal.
    -A well-tended garden is indicative of a well-tended soul.-
    image  image
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Ugh bet that was a bit scary!  I am so glad that everyone is safe & well, except for your poor Jeep of course!
  • Options
    Glad you and baby are ok!!
  • Options
    Glad you both are okay.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Glad you and LO are ok!  I hate deer! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When in doubt, take Bambi out!  That's the motto we always told our customers in the car insurance biz because hitting an animal won't negatively effect your insurance rates but running off the road into a tree to avoid the deer would have!

I have to say I'm surprised that there wasn't more damage!  Glad everyone is ok!  I know you will be shaken up for a bit but you are lucky!  I saw many vehicles totaled out after running into deer.....

Glad your ok and don't worry about the car, it will be fixed!

• Options
    Thanks ladies! That deer just ran out of nowhere and in front of me. I slammed my brakes and swerved a little to miss it, which is why all the damage is on the driver side..it was a young female, and who knows how much damage was done to the deer, and what its' outcome will be :-/
  • Options
    quezzoquezzo member
    So happy you guys are ok!
  • Options
    imagetpandr08:

When in doubt, take Bambi out!  That's the motto we always told our customers in the car insurance biz because hitting an animal won't negatively effect your insurance rates but running off the road into a tree to avoid the deer would have!

I have to say I'm surprised that there wasn't more damage!  Glad everyone is ok!  I know you will be shaken up for a bit but you are lucky!  I saw many vehicles totaled out after running into deer.....

Glad your ok and don't worry about the car, it will be fixed!

That's what i've heard too. Luckily, it was running across the road, and not just standing there, or the damage would have been worse. Especially since I was going about 55, but I still clipped it pretty good and hit the deer's rear hip area.
  • Options
    glad you and LO are alright!!! must be something about today mine was nowhere near like your story but a Cardinal came out of the blue and struck my xterra in the windshield, scared the doodoo outta me
  • Options

So glad you and baby Cael are ok!   That sort of stuff freaks me out.  The one time a deer hit me (I take no blame lol), I had to turn around and go back to my friends house because I was crying, unsure of what would become of the deer!  I've also gotten teary for hitting opposum, turtles, and squirrels. 

<----- big baby

• Options

Eek! Glad you guys are ok, though!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Whew - so glad you are okay!

Boxergurl, I'm a big baby too. I saw a crow get hit the other day, and saw him limping/hopping his way to the curb. I burst into tears. I laughed at my reaction later, but man I get emotional soooo easily!

• Options

So glad you are both okay!! 

I had to laugh though - my first though gave where I live away ... it was "thank goodness it wasn't a moose".  Yes, moose vs. car accidents are very common where I live :)

• Options
    I'm glad you guys are ok! That is very scary. My DH hit a deer, but the deer wasn't so lucky. Sad
  • Options
    Wow glad you are alright!!! At least it is minor considering. My DH hit a deer a few years back and the deer rolled over the top of the car. Cracked the windshield, dented the bumper that had to be replaced and caved in the hood. We live in a "farming" community so I have seen some very bad car damage from deer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageAlyleth:

Boxergurl, I'm a big baby too. I saw a crow get hit the other day, and saw him limping/hopping his way to the curb. I burst into tears. I laughed at my reaction later, but man I get emotional soooo easily!

OMG, how mortifying to see someone hit a cow!  I would have bawled, and it would not have been pretty.  Sounds like it could have been much much worse, but that's still really awful!

• Options
    I'm so sorry - glad you and Cael are ok!!!  That's so scary - I've heard of many bad accidents from being trying to avoid a deer.
  • Options
    imagehisaak:

So glad you are both okay!! 

I had to laugh though - my first though gave where I live away ... it was "thank goodness it wasn't a moose".  Yes, moose vs. car accidents are very common where I live :)

Oh God! Yea, I've heard of moose accidents killing people! Scary stuff.
  • Options
    imageboxergurl:
    imageAlyleth:

OMG, how mortifying to see someone hit a cow!  I would have bawled, and it would not have been pretty.  Sounds like it could have been much much worse, but that's still really awful!

I think she said crow, not cow..a cow could kill someone and total a vehicle! At least I hope she meant crow..lol. yikes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"