Philadelphia Babies

how much to pay for childcare

We're going to have my husband's aunt watch our child once I go  back to work after 12 weeks. What's a normal rate we should give her a week? We'll be providing food, diapers, wipes, etc. 

Re: how much to pay for childcare

• Is she coming to your home?  Is she watching others or just your baby?  We pay our sitter $10 an hour for the entire workday on the days I work from home.  Some sitters want a flat fee of like $400 to $500 for Monday to Friday all day long - per week.  Weekend and evening sitters usually want around $12 - $15 an hour.  When I was looking at in home arrangements, most were  $35 to $50 a day in their home, plus they had other kids there, so I think around $50 a day is fair if it is at their place.  Day care seems to be between $200 to $300 per week.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our DD goes to an in home daycare (my neighbor) and she charges $25.00 a day, and $125.00 a week.

She works with us a little because she is a single mom with a child in private school, and she doesn't drive so I am always taking her here and there when needed. 

DH works a weird schedule so we don't always need a sitter all day 5 days a week.

When DH is on 2nd Shift its usually $50.00 a week and she is there for 2-3 hours a day.

imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd research how much daycare is in your specific area, as I've found that in the Philadelphia and suburban areas rates can vary widely.  We're looking in the Berks County area and are looking at a range of $160 - $235 per week.  Once you know what day care costs in your area I'd pay her a comparable rate.
  • My neighbor watched dd for the first couple months after my maternity leave and we paid her about $150/ week ($35-40/day). She was a sahm of a one year old boy so this was just extra money for her and convenience, cost savings, and peace of mind for me to know that dd was being cared for by a trusted friend. The cost was in the lower end of te average range for in home daycare. We agreed on the lower end since she was not licensed or professionally qualified in any way.
  • imagekross605:
    My neighbor watched dd for the first couple months after my maternity leave and we paid her about $150/ week ($35-40/day). She was a sahm of a one year old boy so this was just extra money for her and convenience, cost savings, and peace of mind for me to know that dd was being cared for by a trusted friend. The cost was in the lower end of te average range for in home daycare. We agreed on the lower end since she was not licensed or professionally qualified in any way.

this is what we do. 

• My sister used to watch DD in her house.  She was not licensed and we paid $140.00 per week.  Now DD is in daycare and we pay 260.00 per week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"