Upstate NY Babies

Going away for 3 nights! checklist?

We are leaving for New Mexico in the a.m. for a friend's wedding (yey!).  We have been planning this trip for months, but it is all of a sudden here and I feel so unprepared to leave the boys.  My MIL/FIL are watching them.  Well, my babysitter is watching them tomorrow until MIL relieves her, then MIL will have them all weekend. I feel WAY more comfortable with my babysitter since she watches them two days/week and does things exactly how I would.  MIL is planning to sleep at our house, but probably go to her house quite a bit during the days (they live about 5 minutes away). 

I am going to write her a list of things to know about their general schedule and what they eat, etc.  What else should I include? I will leave the pediatricians number and tylenol dosage (P seems to finally (maybe) be ready to pop his first tooth!) She asked for me to write some stuff down and I'm glad she did, but I know how she operates and I doubt she will abide by most of it (not that I am a tyrant). 

Re: Going away for 3 nights! checklist?

• When I leave Enzo- I always write down his schedule for a full day and try to include all the info I can think of...

It would be spelled out with times like 7-7:30: wake up- give first bottle 5oz...

and then I do speciality paragraphs like "Bedtime"- and I write what we do at bedtime... and I always try to leave a little "if x doesnt work- try y..."

it might be a little much but I would rather my caregiver have an information dump from my brain then not have enough info... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't know if this is still true for your kids, but since Charlotte is still learning with food and many things are new for her, I would want to include some things that are ok and something that are not. This could be because people keep trying to feed her ridiculous things, like chocolate waffles, or ice cream or m&ms...
    image        image
  • Loading the player...
  • imageIrisheyes1247:
    I don't know if this is still true for your kids, but since Charlotte is still learning with food and many things are new for her, I would want to include some things that are ok and something that are not. This could be because people keep trying to feed her ridiculous things, like chocolate waffles, or ice cream or m&ms...

good point!  I made a bold note that P doesn't drink juice and no seafood for either of them.  He also doesn't have any teeth so I specified that his food needs to be cut up good although he can eat most things. 

• We have an out of town wedding this weekend as well. Belle is staying with my mom and I'm pretty comfortable leaving her without much instruction but my mom also knows what Belle likes to eat and not eat. I will probably give her a run down or her morning and night time routine since Belle likes her routine for that time of day. I will have to leave her instructions for daycare as well since she will have to take her Monday morning.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do what abba does...write out a schedule with little tips along the way.  I have written less and less each time that my Mom has watched him for a lengthy day or overnight.  
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"