Upstate NY Babies
Options

NBR: What did you do with your wedding dress

Once the wedding was over. Did you put it in a display box or just hang it up? I keep tripping over mine and I have this option of having it made into a quilt for a bed. What do you think? I don't know. Right now it's just hanging in the closet. I don't have the illusion that B will wear it one day. This October it will be 9 years it's been hanging in my closet. It's not yellow and I have done nothing special beside hang it in that plastic bag that they gave me at the shop.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

Re: NBR: What did you do with your wedding dress

• Options

Its hanging in my spare room closet- has been since we got back from our honeymoon almost 4 years ago...I had originally held onto it because I wanted to make a christening gown out of it- but then Lorenzo wasnt baptized.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    wendyjwendyj member
    Had it cleaned and preserved and is now sitting in a box in our basement. Not sure what I'll do with it. I like the idea of making it into a quilt - seems a lot more functional that way.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

hanging in the closet in the bag never cleaned

i just tried it on on our 5th anniversary, coudln't zip it up and i broke the zipper! i wore it long enough to eat a piece of cake and drink a glass of champagne with DH then put it right back

i thought about recycling it into something else, but i just can't bear to take a pair of sissors to it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    um, it's still at my parents house, somewhere... I hope! It's never been cleaned or anything... I just never got around to it, oops!
  • Options
    My Mom had mine cleaned and put in one of those display boxes for me as a gift. Its up in our attic now...no clue what'll be done with it!
  • Options

it was preserved after the wedding and it's in a box under my guest bedroom bed.

I don't think my girls will ever wear it for their weddings, but I know they'll like to see it and play in it! I did with my moms dress when i was younger! :) 

photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Had a baptism gown made from it after Chelsea was born:

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mrs Richardson - that is SO sweet! It looks beautiful. Do you think that will be something you pass down to your grandkids etc? We have a christening dress in our family that my great great grandmother made and over 100 family members have been baptized in. I think it is so amazing to have that link.
    image        image
  • Options

imageIrisheyes1247:
    Mrs Richardson - that is SO sweet! It looks beautiful. Do you think that will be something you pass down to your grandkids etc? We have a christening dress in our family that my great great grandmother made and over 100 family members have been baptized in. I think it is so amazing to have that link.

Definitely! Both girls have worn it and I would love to have it be a family heirloom!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I sold mine and bought a new couch.

The chick who bought it sent me pictures from her wedding and thanked me up and down for providing her the opportunity to wear her dream dress. It made it totally worth it.

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    EJDIIIEJDIII member
    It is in our basement. I have not even looked at since our wedding night almost four years ago. I may get it dry cleaned and sell it....or making it into a quilt like pp said is a good idea. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"