Upstate NY Babies

i need father's day ideas

I am usually really good at this stuff but not this year.  i told him he could do whatever he wanted on satuday and I would watch the kids. he could go to the movies or ride his bike.  what's everyone doing?

Re: i need father's day ideas

• dle927dle927 member

We'll be coming home from the hospital on Sunday, and although I think a baby is more than enough, I panicked and went to Best Buy and bought him an external hard drive. I was going to get him a GC and saw it on clearance for 100. so I grabbed it so he could open something.  He said he wanted one but I'm not tech savvy so who knows if it's good or not.

GL finding a gift!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got DH tickets for a Yankees game in Toronto and a new Yankees jersey.  Other than that,  we'll probably just grill out.

• Loading the player...
  • DH has a really bad back, so I booked him a massage at a Therapeutic Medical Spa for next Saturday. I'll just put the business card in his card w/ a little note. I wanted to get a gift certificate, but in order to get the discount w/ our insurance you couldn't use a gift cert. 

Besides that, I'll let him sleep in, make him breakfast and let him watch golf and baseball all afternoon w/ out any pestering! ;) Then we are going to my parents for dinner and I'm making orange creamsicle cupcakes or strawberry trifle (whatever he picks)

• I too was so stuck on what to get DH this year. I just ordered him Rascal Flatts tickets today to give him for Father's Day. Expensive gift, but I figure he definitely more than deserves it! He's a SAHD and does so much.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have no idea what to get DH this year and he's no help by telling me nothing. I tired to get updated DAD pictures last night but Belle wasn't cooperating and just kept handing the letters back to me. Hopefully I can try again some time this week but it isn't looking likely.

We won't be in town for Father's Day. We have an out of town wedding on Sunday so DH won't see Belle until Monday. On Saturday we are stopping in Hershey so maybe I'll get him something while we are there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I updated last year's D-A-D photos.  This year I have Reed holding the first D, then Pierce putting the A on top of Reed's head, then Pierce holding the 2nd D.  I put them both in his neckties so they turned out really cute and I am excited to give it to him.  I had my MIL grab the frame off his desk at work (family business). He hasn't said anything so either he totally knows it's coming or pays no attention to his office! 

I also got him dorky fireplace gloves and a thing to haul wood in and out of the house for the fireplace.  We were joking a few weeks ago about how much our life has changed and that he never thought he would say he needed practical stuff like that.  

The best part of this year's father's day is that we are going to Santa Fe, NM tomorrow for a friend's wedding on Sat.  It will be the first time I've ever been away from the boys overnight (3 nights, yikes!).  The only time I was away from Reed was when Pierce was born.  I am anxious, but super excited.  We NEED a full night of sleep!  I figure our little get away will be all he really wants for father's day ;)

• I don't think we're "doing" much of anything.. but I THINK eve and my mom painted pint glasses for him for her and natalie to give him and I'm gonna get him one of those mini kegs of Newcastle that they sell at the grocery stores.

I haven't even considered what i'm doing for my dad or FIL though. Now I feel bad. 

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • I made DH a knock-off print of those motivational pics that you see.  He is really into the biking and triathlons right now and Ellie and I went to cheer him on 2 weeks ago at one of his tris and I took a pic.  I googled motivational sayings and found one that fit him well.  All in all it was a cheap gift - $5 for the print (11x14- but you could do a 8x10 anywhere 1-hr still), and then I also bought a frame.

My mom made him one of those t-shirts that say Worlds Best Dad, Hands Down and then did hand and foot prints on it.  She also made one for my dad that says grandpa.  Neither my dad or DH will like it, lol.  They are cute....but definitely not either of their style.

• I bought DH a GC for a local nursery for a tree to plant from Andrew...I did this last year from Evan.  I shipped my Dad BBQ sauce and a pint glass from Dinosaur BBQ...he got it and loved it!  We are going to ILs for a BBQ and church in the morning. 
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"