September 2011 Moms
Options

NBR: Laundry Stain Removal Tips

Alright ladies...so DH sweats...a ton...and even though he wears undershirts underneath his dress shirts for work, he still ends up eventually developing yellowish pit stains in his nice white work shirts. So before I go out and spend the $ buy new ones...I wanted to see if anyone had any miracle tricks/products they use that'll do the trick. Mind you, these are sweat stains that have accumulated over time...not like a fresh blueberry stain or anything.

What do you laundry experts have to say?

Re: NBR: Laundry Stain Removal Tips

• Options

I love: Spray & Wash combined with white vinegar.

Spray the S&W on the stain and then pour (or spray - I keep vinegar in a spray bottle in my laundry cupboard) white vinegar on top of the S&W (it HAS to be spray & wash - I've tried other brands and it just doesn't work the same).  If it's a really tough stain, you can let it sit for a bit before you wash it.  You can repeat this as many times as you want before you let the shirt dry.  You can even spray the shirts each evening, throw them in the laundry bag and then just let them collect up and wash later (I used to do this with bibs).

Someone else on here - a long time ago, had a great laundry/stain tip - I can't remember who it was or, sadly, what it was, but she said it worked better than my suggestion above.  Hopefully she'll post again!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I use Soilove brand...you can get it at $ stores or on Amazon. It works on ring around the collar so probably sweat pits as well. I scrub it in a bit before I throw the shirt in the laundry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My aunt is a firm believer in Shout, but recently my MIL said she has been using Lemon Juice to get out all her stains on her clothing. (Grease, Sweat and whatever have you), then for fabric soften she uses white vinger, her clothes are pretty soft!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"