September 2011 Moms
Options

S/O: Pregnant brain - What's the worst you've done??

Just for fun & to make me feel better.

Last week I took my DD into a store to quickly buy a pair of shoes. We were quick and got back out to the car but I had no keys!! I searched my purse, peaked in the trash since I had thrown something away while going into the store, searched my purse again, talked to the cashier, went back to the shoe section and then searched my purse again.

I finally found my keys in the shoe box for the shoes I had just bought!

It was funny and my DD hasn't let me forget it.

Re: S/O: Pregnant brain - What's the worst you've done??

• Options
    I see a Neurologist every 2 months and had to have a ride there. I got the dates mixed up and thought I had to be there on the 7th of June. I Panicked and had my dad take the day off work to take me there. We got there and I was told that I had rescheduled the apt for the next week. Felt pretty foolish for having my dad drive me 45 min away just to turn around and come home. My mom drove me the next week. Don't know how I forgot that I rescheduled it because my mom wanted to drive me but was unavailable on the 7th. Luckily they only made fun of me for a day or so and it was nice to spend a couple hours with my dad.
    BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I've done that prepregnancy lol.

So far I've locked myself out of the house in the morning before work while I was walking my dogs and already running late and of course my cell phone was inside also because I don't bring it with me when walking the dogs. I had to figure out how to break in with none of my usual break-in tools (credit card--my house is not very secure lol).

I've left my keys in the door when I came home and searched forever looking for them later when I was ready to go back out

That's about the worst of it so far. I write EVERYTHING down at work. and I have my dad, my sister and DH here to either remind me of things or take care of them for me lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with DS I was at work (I nanny part time) and I always write down what the kids eat/when they slept, etc for the Mom.

I was catching up while the baby was sleeping (10 months old) and writing out our day thus far...when I realized I had forgotten to give the baby lunch. I'm not kidding. I cant believe I did that! (he had his bottle, I just forgot the veggies and fruit)
  • Options
    Lol... I actually just did this today... but I keep managing to lock my keys in my truck with it still in auxiliary. I think today was number 3 since Ive gotten pregnant. I have a spare key just in case but all 3 times I killed the battery and needed a jump. So now I have a spare key and keep jumper cables in the back seat. :)
  • Options

On Friday I was making homemade pizza. Per my normal routine, I turned the oven on and put the pizza stone inside so the stone could heat up, then went to start making my crust, only to realize that we're out of yeast. Turn to DH and ask him to go to the store with me for yeast, completing forgetting that the oven is on IN OUR BRAND NEW HOUSE. Come home to smoke detectors going off, smoky kitchen...thank God we were very very lucky there was no fire. I had baked a pie earlier in the afternoon and some filling had spilled over, which was smoking.

Yikes. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have, on more than one occasion, tried to open my front door with my car remote.  Embarrassed  I have also put a few random things in the fridge, or opened the fridge to look for things that clearly are not in the fridge (like a pair of scissors).
  • Options

I have had many pregnancy brain moments but this is the funniest... 

I was sitting at the kitchen table after waking up and was reading a magazine while I was eating breakfast. I decided to go take a shower. When I was done with the shower I wanted to put my slippers back on and I know I had left them by the kitchen table. When I go look there is only one slipper there. I was like wtf lol How can one slipper just disappear. I looked EVERYWHERE for this slipper...under the bed, in the dryer, in the shower. Could not find it. 20 minutes later, I was starting to have a semi freak out bc DH was away on a business trip and I was convincing myself some had broke in and stole my slipper. I had just called my mom and was telling her the story when I sat down on a chair at the table and put my feet up on another chair. Lo and behold there was my slipper!! lol I must have had my feet up on the chair earlier and one slipper fell on the floor and one stayed on the chair. 

My mom still makes fun of me for it. :)  

• Options
    I got DH's knee appointment wrong. I thought it was today and he went to the office and everything and nope his appointment is not for another two weeks Embarrassed He's not very happy with me this morning.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    OnwardOnward member
    Threw my car keys in the recycling bin.  Luckily, I also forgot to take out the recycling.
    TTC #1 for 4 years with every trick in the book. IVF in October 2010= BFN
    Elliott Michael born 9/22/11
    Audrey Pauline 9/13/15
  • Options
    I put shredded cheese in the cabinet with our spices (instead of back in the fridge where it belongs).  I then proceeded to argue with DH the next day about what he did with the rest of the cheese.  Embarrassed 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Henry - Born October 1, 2011 Baby #2 - Due August 30, 2013!
  • Options
    Like womancake I have tried opening my front door with my car remote. Also thrown the remote control away in the trash and locked myself out of the house. On a daily basis I sub words like "weather" for "banana" and "bathroom" for "warehouse".
    ~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ohhh I've done a lot. What comes to mind is yesterday at work when selling alcohol we're supposed to enter in birthdays off IDs... I kept entering the expiration date and my supervisor had to come and override the sales like 3 times. UGH!
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wedding Anniversary: August 7th 2010 BFP: December 22nd 2010 Beautiful Little Birthday: August 30th 2011

BLOG.

• Options
    I have been stalling out my car often.  I drive a standard/manual.

I went to the store purposely on Monday to fill a prescription (iron supplements) and pick up a few groceries.  I walked past the pharmacy only to remember that I left the prescription slip on my counter at home.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    So far I've only really tried to put deodorant on with the lid still on. Sadly, it wasn't a once over either, I tried to apply it quite liberally, all with the cap on. I wouldn't of been as embarassed if my SO wasn't standing there watching me Geeked
  • Options

Last pregnancy I watered all my houseplants with the crystal light I had JUST made.

This time, I have put cereal away in the fridge freezer more than once.

• Options

Went to Walmart, did a little shopping, went back out to get in my car. Couldn't find it. I had a little panic but then I was like, well maybe I parked on the other side. No biggie. But then I still couldn't find it. I was like, someone must have stolen the car!!!

I got a security guard and we kept looking. He of course took down a description of the car. He had me ride around the parking lot in his SUV thing.

FORTY-FIVE minutes later, DH called me to see where I was. I told him I couldn't find the car. I was almost in tears. He laughed for about 2 minutes and then said "Don't you remember? You have my dad's van because the car was getting new tires put on it."

Oh. Yeah. Um, sorry about wasting your time, Security Guard. Embarrassed

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Options
    imageAmanda&EricB:

Went to Walmart, did a little shopping, went back out to get in my car. Couldn't find it. I had a little panic but then I was like, well maybe I parked on the other side. No biggie. But then I still couldn't find it. I was like, someone must have stolen the car!!!

I got a security guard and we kept looking. He of course took down a description of the car. He had me ride around the parking lot in his SUV thing.

FORTY-FIVE minutes later, DH called me to see where I was. I told him I couldn't find the car. I was almost in tears. He laughed for about 2 minutes and then said "Don't you remember? You have my dad's van because the car was getting new tires put on it."

Oh. Yeah. Um, sorry about wasting your time, Security Guard. Embarrassed

heheheehe, I think you might be the winner!!

• Options
    elyndselynds member
    I locked my keys in my trunk a week ago and I haven't driven much since then.  DH was going to take my car to the golf course yesterday (he had left his clubs in the trunk) and we couldn't find the keys - I have NEVER misplaced my keys in my whole life, but after an extended looking session he took the spare key and when he opened the trunk to get out his golf clubs, there were my keys.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"