January 2011 Moms
Options

Tuesday QOTD

Sorry so late on this today, I have been super busy trying to clean all day trying to clean because my house is a wreck and I just can not seem to keep up with is no matter what I do. :(. But, wow the board is dead, so I figured I'd better come up with a question so we have something to talk about..

So, related to my messy house dilemma, today's QOTD: How do you handle your household chores? Do you break things up throghout the week, or do everything all in one day? How do you split things up between you and DH?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tuesday QOTD

• Options
    For DH and I, we pretty much have an unspoken agreement that I handle the indoor stuff and he does the outdoor stuff, and all maintnence to our house, cars, appliances etc.

While I was working full time, I would do all my cleaning on the weekends, but now that I am home I have been trying to split it up and do a little every day. I'm finding it so impossible to keep up with though. I feel like some days I have more than I can handle just making sure everyone eats, sleeps, and is entertained throughout the day. It's a good day when I can manage to keep up with the dishes and picking up after ourselves throughout the day. Forget any deep cleaning, laundry, etc. I'm hoping that someone will have some good suggestions on how to get it all done.

• Options
    DH does the laundry and some cooking, while my Mom or Sister comes over to help clean, cook or bring us food lol. I am away from LO 11-13 hours a day and when I get home, all I want to do is hang out with her. If my family weren't helping us, we'd seriously get a cleaning service or something. I can't stand living in a mess.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have an agreement that I cook and DH does the dishes.  During the week we just pick up here and there.  On the weekends we usually do our big cleaning.  We usually split everything up pretty evenly.  
  • Options
    We hire help.  45 hours a week of help.  Nanny/housekeeper.  We both work full time.  Couldn't do it any other way.
  • Options
    I do a quick pickup throughout the house every night after lo is in bed.  And then i do one or two rooms a night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    For us, it seems to be whoever has the time will do it. Except the cat litter... he does that chore all the time. But we'll split laundry, dishes, etc. We found that we were neglecting the house... so we just hired a cleaning service. Woohoo! Now we'll get to come home to a clean house every other Monday or Tuesday. Phew!
    Started TTC in 2007
    Dx w/ PCOS 3/08
    IUI 11/09, BFP 11/26/09, Missed m/c 1/4/10, D&C 1/6/10
    "We miss our little 'Ziggy' every day!"
    Dx with mild Hypothyroidism 4/2010
    Surprise BFP 5/28/10, Nicole born on 1/19/2011 via C-Section
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I do the dishes, floor care, empty smaller trash bins into the big one & empty kitchen bag (H takes it to the dumpster), I run the washer/dryer and we each put away our own clothes (H has his own special way of doing his uniforms and I'm not messing with it), I grocery shop - he brings everything in - we put stuff away together.

We're pretty much a team on everything. Any heavy cleaning (scrubbing bath tubs, sweeping AND mopping, windows/mirrors/baseboards is done on the weekend when one of us can keep an eye on DD. I'd rather not have to worry about rushing to her when I have chemicals on my hands.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"