2nd Trimester
Options

Freaking out bc I got Raid on my finger...

I came home today to hundreds of ants in my kitchen.  In a panic, I sprayed Raid Ant killer and it dripped a little on my finger.  I immediately washed my hands but then bc I was not longer holding my shirt over my face, I inhaled the fumes.  I am freaking out bc I don't know if either of these two incidents will hurt my LO.  I'm 16 weeks pregnant and a first time mommy... can someone put my mind at ease?!?!

TIA

Re: Freaking out bc I got Raid on my finger...

• Options
    You will be fine. 
  • Options
    Seriously, totally okay. Relax!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 2/24/2008

BFP #1 3/13/13, MMC 4/17/13, D&C 4/19/13

BFP #2 8/7/13, Beta at 4w6d = 3,796

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    fumes make me nervous, but it's not like you were huffing/ inhaling the stuff. It will be fine.
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• Options
    Thank you :)  Pesticides make me so nervous... well, I guess everything does now lol 
  • Options
    If that's all it took to hurt an otherwise healthy pregnancy the human race would have died out long ago. No worries, your LO will be just fine :)
  • Options
    Im sure you'll be fine. If it makes you feel better when I finished pumping gas yesterday some leaked onto my foot (in flip flops). I think our skin can protect us pretty good 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

As long as you washed your hands and didn't put your hands in your mouth before doing so, then you should be perfectly fine.

• Options

You'll be fine.  I used fly spray on my horses at least 15 times while pregnant with DS.  It got on me pretty much every time.  I washed immediately and he is a healthy 18 month old who is ahead on the charts.

(Not that I recommend doing this, but hey, when you animals are being eaten alive, you have to do something.)

DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • Options
    If it makes you feel better wash your hands again, and go outside for fresh air, and air out your kitchen :)
  • Options
    I yelled at my mom because she sprayed bug repellent with deet on herself and the wind was blowing and it got on me...She rolled her eyes at me aaand then I realized sometimes i can get a little nutty about this pregnancy stuff :) I bet both of our babies....and the gas foot girl's baby ....all turn out ok!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"