Upstate NY Babies

So - if DH backs into your car...

...how does that work with your insurance since they carry both of you?

Or is that another stupid question that I have today?  lol

DH backed into my car this morning and hit right where my door meets the front left panel of my car - can't open my door all the way.  Just enough to squeeze in.

Wasn't sure how it worked with insurance, claims, if we should bother, etc...

Thanks!

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So - if DH backs into your car...

• First, check to see what your deductible is, then go get a estimate on what it will cost to fix the car. If you can fix it without costing you much, I would do that before calling insurance. If you can't, then I would turn it into the insurance company.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm in insurance, and follow what Mt KImi said. Check out your ded. DON"T tell your insurance company until you are ready to fil;e the claim, and get an estimate.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemountainkimi:
    First, check to see what your deductible is, then go get a estimate on what it will cost to fix the car. If you can fix it without costing you much, I would do that before calling insurance. If you can't, then I would turn it into the insurance company.

I agree with this post.  Also if you are near Albany and need a good reputable autobody shop, PM me.  I was rearended a few months ago and this place did a great job at a great price.

PCOS Momma
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Thanks, ladies!

Quick follow-up question - Say for example the deductible is $500.  If we both need work, would we share the deductible or would we each have to meet $500 before the coverage would pick up anything?

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Depends on the company. With us, only one of you has to meet the deductible.

Check with your agent.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"