Houston Babies
Options

what to pack in hospital bag?

I know this has been asked 8,000 times, sorry. Not to mention this is my second time around, so I really should know what I'm doing, lol. What did you take with you to the hospital? Right now I have chap stick, hair pins to keep my bangs out of my face, shampoo/body wash, sleep nursing bra, yoga capris and a tank top. We'll also grab phone chargers, laptop, and the camera as we head out.

I have a scheduled c-section, so won't need stuff to get me through L&D...just 3-4 days recovery. Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what to pack in hospital bag?

• Options
    boppy, snacks, clothes for the baby and your husband, your own towel/pillow, any medications you take daily, a gift from the baby to her big sister/from big sister to the baby
  • Options

Boppy if you want it

Going home outfit (for you and baby)

slippers or socks for warmth and walking around

obviously toothbrush, etc, but you wouldn't pack that until you are walking out the door.

Do you want to do your hair?  Might want a blow dryer (the hospitals are usually freezing, so I can't imagine having a wet head!  lol.)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What you have listed is all I would take. I  took alllll that other stuff on all the helpful lists and just ended up lugging it around and not using it.  You can ask for extra pillows instead of a Boppy.  You could also take a pen, notepad (we only used it for writing down room service orders before calling them in, but it was useful) and baby book (to get footprints in it).
  • Options

I took the Boppy with DD #1 and ended up not using it in the hospital because it was uncomfortable on my incision. Just used pillows instead, so I'll probably do the same thing this time and leave the Boppy at home.

Forgot to say I do have socks and flip flops packed. I think I actually might have forgotten a toothbrush! Ick.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was much more relaxed and packed minimally the second time around.  I let the hospital provide me with just about everything.  I just needed an outfit for the baby and I to go home in and my toothbrush.  I didn't worry about anything but lying in bed nursing my baby.  
  • Options

One of these!!! 

https://www.laborlooks.com/

It's kinda unnecessary, until i remembered the gross hospital gown i wore with my son. If you are having a c-section you may want to get one so you feel pretty and clean after! Just an idea, I know its not for everyone. But I bought one (and we aren't even pregnant yet, ha!) when they were half off on babysteals, im actually excited to wear it after i deliver, it will be pretty in photos and ill feel better in something pretty. 

Boy Stole my Heart
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Oh and yes to the baby book idea for footprints! We just brought in a page though, so i didn't have to bring in his whole book.
    Boy Stole my Heart
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I was very, very happy to have packed some granola bars. :) 
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Options
    imageJudesmom09:

One of these!!! 

https://www.laborlooks.com/

It's kinda unnecessary, until i remembered the gross hospital gown i wore with my son. If you are having a c-section you may want to get one so you feel pretty and clean after! Just an idea, I know its not for everyone. But I bought one (and we aren't even pregnant yet, ha!) when they were half off on babysteals, im actually excited to wear it after i deliver, it will be pretty in photos and ill feel better in something pretty. 

Some hospitals require you to wear their gowns.  But those are cute!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"