1st Trimester

chlamydia

doc office called 18!!!! days after i went in and told me i had chlamydia.why would they wait that long?

?? what? how?  dh swears he was faithful. i have been. weve been together 3.5 years. neither one of us had symptoms. 

he shows no signs of cheating. some people say that by this time i should have known i had it.. ive checked phone records and i see nothing out of ordinary. no warning calls, text to anyone shortly after i told him.

it is possible i had it before him and didnt know.. the guy i was with before him was a real douche bag. or dh could have had it all along. both of has have no symptoms.. or i dont know my body and just assume every little thing had to do with being a woman and that time of the month. 

when i told him, he was rather calm about it. he didnt accuse me. and he doesnt unless i tell him that people say its impossible for me to have it this long without symptoms. which ive read people can have it super long and not know till damage has been done (infertility, pid etc) i did have a mc in sept.. maybe that was a sign. i dunno. weve both been treated.

im wondering what the chances are they mixed up the results as it took them soo long to tell me.  or its very possible were both lucky with no symptoms and no damage yet.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: chlamydia

• Wow, I can't even begin to understand how you must feel right now. 

You had pap tests before this right? In the past 3.5 years you have been tested like 3 times if you were getting them every year.  If those all came back with nothing then you got it after that. There is no way they missed it all those times. 

Geez, If i were you i would honestly not trust what my husband is saying, but only you can decide how you feel about what he is telling you. 

Boy Stole my Heart
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My very best friend had a similar thing happen a couple years ago. She demanded a retest and it came back negative... She didn't have it. Mistakes happen with tests. I know it was incredibly stressful for her, though. Hang in there!
    Livia Laurianne born 1.25.12 | 6 pounds, 11 ounces | 19 inches
  • Loading the player...
  • wait - a pap does STD test? you have to ASK for an STD test, dude.
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• ghdst1ghdst1 member

imagepunkfiction_v.3:
    wait - a pap does STD test? you have to ASK for an STD test, dude.

My OB/GYN often tests for STDs along with my annual pap (except HIV bc you need a blood test for that).  It might be normal to do that in some drs offices.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepunkfiction_v.3:

This. Depending on the clinic  some tests are standard with a pap and others you have to specifically ask for.

• imageghdst1:

imagepunkfiction_v.3:

My OB/GYN often tests for STDs along with my annual pap (except HIV bc you need a blood test for that).  It might be normal to do that in some drs offices.

then say that to the OP lol (not you - the one who said what i quoted) bc what she said was rude and not helpful at all

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• imagebuckeyenut08:

imagepunkfiction_v.3:

This. Depending on the clinic  some tests are standard with a pap and others you have to specifically ask for.

Mine always tested with my PAP for Chlamydia along with everything else. Im pretty sure its a normal test that comes along with your PAP, your doctor may have never told you. 

Boy Stole my Heart
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • i have read that most places dont std test for paps.. my last pap was about a month after we got together.. ive called that office but no ones called me back. i have to call back again.

i havent had insurance for the past 3 yrs so i been a bad girl and not having regular check ups. 

i really hope they didnt do a test.. cus if they did and i was negative then.. then it would open a whole new can of worms. but then again... i would wanna know

BabyFetus Ticker
  • To original post. I'm sorry your going through this. I would be ready to nail my DH to the wall if it were me. But I think you should talk to you OB. And for the record most pap smears also test for chlamydia. It is a serious disease if left untreated. So call your OB and ask have you been tested for it before. Most likely you have. A pap usually test for that and ghonorrhea (sp).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageladyraejewelry:

i have read that most places dont std test for paps.. my last pap was about a month after we got together.. ive called that office but no ones called me back. i have to call back again.

i havent had insurance for the past 3 yrs so i been a bad girl and not having regular check ups. 

i really hope they didnt do a test.. cus if they did and i was negative then.. then it would open a whole new can of worms. but then again... i would wanna know

Ah ok, Yeah i'd really try to get in touch with them. My doctors always have checked. You can ask if they check in general which will give you your answer in case they don't have your file anymore. If they do test for chlamydia regularly then you'll know you didn't have it at that time. I do know that you can go a very long time without symptoms. Praying you are able to get ahold of them soon. Try to breath and not stress...not good for your little one :) Hang in there sweetie.  

Boy Stole my Heart
  • ill have to call them again. maybe their message taker took a break ;)

why would they wait so long? 18 days? dont they usually call right away?

BabyFetus Ticker
  • when she told me.. i cried lol.. i was like.. how?? and i asked all the questions in the book.. and she says shes heard them all lol.. no, you cant get it from toilet, yes you can have it long time no symptoms.. not necessarily someone cheating.. i even asked.. wouldnt i have had symptoms by NOW? lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageladyraejewelry:

ill have to call them again. maybe their message taker took a break ;)

why would they wait so long? 18 days? dont they usually call right away?

Ive had chlamydia before, in college. They took a couple weeks to get to me too. I guess it takes a while to get the results. Im not sure if its an in office test. They may have to send it out. I was in complete shock, i assumed everything was normal because i hadn't heard from them. Thank the Lord you are ok though...you have an amazing gift on its way despite everything :)

EDIT: I cried too. I got it in college, i met my husband shortly after and we got married only knowing each other for 8 months. I had my pap test a few months after we were married. I was in complete shock. We don't know if it was because of him or me. I burst into tears as well...i was like "WHAT? what do i do!?!?" She was calm and said i had to take pills like it was no big deal. I was horrified. Again, be so thankful that's all it was, its gross but if you are going to get an STD thats the one you want to get. ha...not funny, i know. 

Boy Stole my Heart
  • imageJudesmom09:
    imagebuckeyenut08:

imagepunkfiction_v.3:

Mine always tested with my PAP for Chlamydia along with everything else. Im pretty sure its a normal test that comes along with your PAP, your doctor may have never told you. 

I know for a fact mine doesn't because I have to have a yearly chlamydia test for the Army and I had to request it along with my pap. It varies from doctor to doctor. 

• imageJudesmom09:
    imagebuckeyenut08:

imagepunkfiction_v.3:

This is NOT true...I just had my annual pap smear and the chlamydia/gonorrhea is not covered in the annual exam.  I have VERY good insurance and the nurse made it clear that the chlamydia/gonorrhea would be an extra $300 out of pocket...the only place it may be different is planned parenthood where they provide those services for free with the pap or at a discounted price for people without insurance 

Lauren...Wife to Jason, mother to Henry (4), Wesley (2), and baby George! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • anyone know if the army tests for it before/after deployments? dh thought they did.. but some say they only test for hiv/aids and syphilis ?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagelala1608:
    imageJudesmom09:
    imagebuckeyenut08:

imagepunkfiction_v.3:

This is NOT true...I just had my annual pap smear and the chlamydia/gonorrhea is not covered in the annual exam.  I have VERY good insurance and the nurse made it clear that the chlamydia/gonorrhea would be an extra $300 out of pocket...the only place it may be different is planned parenthood where they provide those services for free with the pap or at a discounted price for people without insurance 

Well planned parenthood is not the only place because my OBGYN did test and I did not have to pay for it....so that's not true either. Apparently it's different with different doctors. Best thing you can do is keep trying to get ahold of your previous OB.

Boy Stole my Heart
  • imageladyraejewelry:
    anyone know if the army tests for it before/after deployments? dh thought they did.. but some say they only test for hiv/aids and syphilis ?

When my husband was in the Navy they did not test for it before deployments. Only hiv/aides and syphilis. 

He said you have to go in and be tested yourself in the military.  

Boy Stole my Heart
  • Aside from our arguing that we ladies love to do...DO get a hold of your previous OB as soon as possible.  I would not go ape sh*t on your hubby yet but I would do some further investigating before you let him off the hook.  I would sit down with him and have a very frank discussion about how this could have happened.
    Lauren...Wife to Jason, mother to Henry (4), Wesley (2), and baby George! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageladyraejewelry:
    anyone know if the army tests for it before/after deployments? dh thought they did.. but some say they only test for hiv/aids and syphilis ?

For females, they do. Males, I'm not sure, I'll ask my husband. 

• minteamintea member

Just wanted to chime in that chlamydia tests aren't 100% accurate. (Please don't construe this as medical advice, it's just some info I think might be helpful at interpreting your situation)  

All screening tests have a sensitivity and a specificity. The sensitivity of a test is the proportion of people who have the disease who test positive for it. That would be what percent of people who DO have chlamydia are identified by the test as infected. The other people who DO have chlamydia and are not identified as such are false negatives.

The specificity of a test the proportion of patients who do not have the disease who will test negative for it. That would be what percent of people who DO NOT have chlamydia would be identified by the test as not infected. The other people who DO NOT have chalmydia but are inaccurately identified to have it are false positives

There a various tests for chlamydia, so it depends on what test you took. One large analysis showed that specificities are generally high and sensitivities varied widely across the tests and were also dependent on the specimen tested.

"Pooled sensitivities for LCR, PCR, gene probe and EIA on urine were 96.5%, 85.6%, 92% and 38%, respectively, while on cervical swabs the corresponding sensitivities of PCR, gene probe and EIA were 88.6%, 84% and 65%."

https://jmm.sgmjournals.org/content/51/12/1021.full

I know it's jargony and hard to understand. The gist is: it depends on what test your doctor performed. If you haven't been fully treated, I would ask for a confirmatory test...though a false positive is unlikely. Where I think you should focus your research is the possibility of a false negative on your old test. It looks to be more possible to get a false negative than a false positive.

If you and your husband have been faithful, then you should each ask previous partners to be tested.

DD #1: 2012; MMC: 2014; DD #2: 2015; It's a boy! 3/31/2018

• i found ex douchebag on facebook.. out of all the times we had sex.. one time was a time w/o a condom.. he was a player, and when i started getting clingy he bailed.. and said we were never dating.. pretty sure, if it wasnt dh, it was him

anyways, i asked him if he happend to have had it.. he said.. no.. that he gets tested with every partner.. and i took that as a lie and he freaked out.. he then proceeded to tell me what we should F**K when i get it cleared up. and he still jerks to that one time we didnt use a condom. and said all men cheat.. 

um.. yeah... so.. 

there was another guy i was with, but used condoms and no anal/oral. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • i think you should re-test.i have had a situation where one doc said i had it and the other said no.HOWEVER you should get treated just incase.If both says yes then your hubby has some explaining to do.Men will rarely carry symptoms and well,im not trying to be rude but a dog hates having their noses smeared in their on mess.We as women cant make excuses for a mans choices.I hope that this is not your case and just maybe the docs could be wrong,just re-test and then get treated the same day so youre safe!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • she said i could re test.. but i trusted the results and just got treated just in case. him too
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagepunkfiction_v.3:

Actually, when have a Pap done during your pregnancy, I think it's pretty common to test for STDs. When you're just having an annual exam, some doctors will go ahead and test for everything, while others will ask if you want to be tested.  

• It's actually not uncommon for someone to have chlamydia and have no idea until they're tested for STDs because it very often causes absolutely no symptoms. If symptoms are going to show, they usually will one to three weeks after exposure. That's not always the case, though, so it very well could be that you had it previously and it's never shown symptoms. It's also very possible that your husband had it before you two were together, he had no symptoms, passed it to you, and you never had symptoms. 

I don't know if you get tested for STDs every year with your Pap, but I can't imagine they would miss it on at least three different occasions. The body can do some odd things, though, so I think the best thing to do is ask to speak with a nurse or a doctor at your OB's office. It's good that you were both treated, but speaking to someone about how you may have gotten it may help put your mind at ease.  

• the ob called rather quickly today lol. she said the last test they have in file for me was when i was pg 7 yrs ago.

i too thought that they did testing if they can just get a swab during paps.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageghdst1:

imagepunkfiction_v.3:

Mine too - routinely they do the stds along with the pap.  Exept for HIV which you have to sign for and a blood test is needed.

OP:  I can not imagine how you must feel.  You could have had it all this time and not know -- with no symptoms -- very very very possible!  But - I would also be suspecious that he was so calm about it (just being honest).  Can you contact your old OB and find out of they tested for chlamydia during your past PAPs?  This would be my first step. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • look at my post above yours!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"