September 2011 Moms
Options

If someone offered to buy you one 'big' thing

What would you choose?  My mom bought DS' crib, and wants to buy something big for this baby too.  We're still pretty much using everything from DS, but there are some things we need this time around too.  There are basically 2 big ticket items we need, either the bedding or travel system.  Mom said she'd get either.

Bedding would include the bedding set, and decor type things to go with it (hamper, mobile, lamp, etc).  Basically decorate her room.

Travel system would include infant seat and stroller.  We gave DS' to my cousin when she hit hard times and got pg unexpectedly. 

I think money wise it's probably about the same, give or take.  Which would you see as the more special gift to have?  I honestly am just grateful for either, but it's important to my mom that she purchase something special for each grandchild, and she called dibs on DS' crib from the start.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: If someone offered to buy you one 'big' thing

• Options
    Travel system!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kleu9kleu9 member
    That's a tough one and while my initial thought it travel system because it's considered an "essential", I would actually choose to go with the entire bedding/nursery decor set. Particularily since it's a gift...I just feel like it would be more fun and exciting then.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would go with the travel set/stroller.  I just think maybe you'll be using it longer and it's a more useful thing.  Just my opinion.  Also, the bedding set and decor items you can always buy over time to spread out the cost a little (bedding set, lamp, hamper, mobile, etc), while the travel set is more of a single, big ticket item.

For me, I would go with my glider/rocker, because I think it's the only really "big" thing that we still need.

• Options

Our moms asked the same thing.

My mom is going to buy the carseat with an extra base.

MIL is going to get the City Mini.

I'm excited for both gifts!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

College education! ;)

My mom and dad got our travel system: personally, I'd go with that over the decorative stuff.

• Options
    Car seat!  Bedding is a luxery you don't need per say.  Definitly travel system.
  • Options

travel system

you can gradually buy the bedding and spread out the cost, but the travel system is a one time big ticket item!

image.
  • Options
    I would probably go with the travel system as well. I think the decor would be nice, but it can be broken down in to peices, so other friends and family memebers may buy you some of that stuff.
  • Options
    Travel system definitley! It is something that is special bc she cares enough to purchase something so useful for you.The bedding I would really want to buy myself. It's more personal to decorate your own babies room, at least for me anyway.
  • Options
    Personally, I would want the bedding/nursery decor because to me, it would be more useful. 
  • Options
    sraexxsraexx member

imagear78:
    Travel system!  

Ditto 

BabyName Ticker
    my read shelf:
    Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

imageMrsMichelleB:
    Being that I have most of the big stuff, right now I'd say my choice of a PNP. I'd want one that has vibration, sound, the awning, mobile type toy, bassinet, and diaper storage all with wheels. (Do they even make something like that?) Stick out tongue

Mine has all this except for the mobile type toy!

• Options
    imageMrsMichelleB:
    imageohsaysaysay:

imageMrsMichelleB:
    Being that I have most of the big stuff, right now I'd say my choice of a PNP. I'd want one that has vibration, sound, the awning, mobile type toy, bassinet, and diaper storage all with wheels. (Do they even make something like that?) Stick out tongue

Mine has all this except for the mobile type toy!

Then it's settled. - That's what I would want. Just as described.  

I think mine has ALL of that!

I'll tell my mom you want one. Stick out tongue

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would say Travel System - you have to have the carseat but you don't have to have the new bedding to bring her home from the hospital.  That being said - it would be really nice to get the whole nursery done in one shot and have that checked off your list!  You can get a Travel System at any time and that's easy to do.  Would getting the bedding and having the nursery ease some stress from your life?  If yes, I'd go that route!
  • Options

I would go with the travel system in a heartbeat.  But that said, I haven't spent a ton of money on the kids' rooms at all - more into DIY stuff, and piecing things together - so travel system seems like a much bigger expense.

• Options
    I would have my mom buy the bedding since it is more of a fun gift rather than a practical gift (provided you can afford the travel system on your own)
  • Options
    In my family it is tradition for maternal grandma to purchase bedding (crib and all for first baby but just bedding for subsequent babies). So my mom's mom bought the crib and bedding for me and the bedding for all of my younger brothers and sister. My mom bought the crib and bedding for DD and bedding for this LO.
  • Options
    Travel system is more practical but if you want something fun for your mom to buy the bedding set and decor would be a lot more fun to shop for!
  • Options
    Well if its a case of she will buy one and you will gt the other... than I would say go for the bedding set. But if it one and the other wont get bought for a while... then go with the travel system. :)
  • Options
    imageLaComtesse:

College education! ;)

My mom and dad got our travel system: personally, I'd go with that over the decorative stuff.

. I was going to say savings bonds for college!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"