Upstate NY Babies

**KAC and Jewels**

I think you guys did the town summer swim with your LO's- and I'm trying to sign up late if there is still space when they do open registration.  Can I ask if you liked it?  Is the water freezing?  Would it be better just to take her on our own?  G is super reserved in new situations and hasn't been in the water before so I'm nervous on her reaction to the whole thing but I really think it is a good thing and want her get in the water and be able to enjoy it.   

Re: **KAC and Jewels**

• We both did it last year. I still haven't signed up yet this year..I'm running a little behind on things, and last I heard from J she hadn't yet either. There were some days that the water was pretty chilly, but I was a lifeguard at an outdoor pool when I was younger and tought morning swim lessons, so I'm used to having to get into cold water. Julie and I basically talked the whole time through every class (our DH's were there too each class)...the class really wasn't that structured. They basically let you just move around the water freely with your LO to get them used to it and then each class they give you a new thing to try and do with them. In a way I think that's the nice part because they are still so young and I think it's better doing it this way than just taking them during free swim when the pool is much more crowded and lots of older kids jumping, splashing, and being crazy right around you.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thanks!  That's a good point about doing it at a time when it's not super crowed.  They are having an open swim sign up this week and my neighbor and are probably going to see if there is still space; our husbands joke that we are joining the junior polor bear club because we are going to freeze
  • Loading the player...
  • Tell him it really wasn't that bad. There were only a couple days it really never felt warm after getting in but all the other days once you got in and got used to it it was fine! :) I just tried searching for the course on their website and can't even find it. Is it still on Saturday mornings?
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"