LGBT Parenting

How was your weekend?

Sun? Rain? What filled your days?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How was your weekend?

• Saturday - woke up and tried to take LO to an indoor play center only to get there and have it be closed.  So we did our bulk shopping instead :-p  Then we went to the mall to try to find a few things K needs.  We found what K needs but I also spent too much money on clothes for G, but will return a few of the items once I figure out what size she needs (I buy two sizes, try them on at home, and then return the ones that don't fit). We rounded out our day with a much needed trip to the grocery store.

Sunday - took LO to the Pride parade and festival.  LO wasn't all that interested in the festival but did enjoy kicking her soccer ball around the field.  Unfortunately I didn't get to stay as long as I would have liked because evently DD needed a nap and it wasn't going to happen there.  This was one of those days I longed for family to watch my child so I could pretend to be young and wild again ;-)

• Friday was movie night for the kids and a picnic in our bed. We watched a cute movie with Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston.

Saturday I took the kids to swimming lessons and then to the mall to do a few errands. I was in a horrible mood so we came home and all took a nap. Post nap, we headed downtown for the Pride Parade. The boys' godfather was in town from France so he walked with us with was fun! N2A and TWB walked too - but it was hard to all walk together! It was still nice to see them and their adorable kids!

We all went for Thai for dinner and of course there were delays on the Metro. By the time we got the kids to bed it was 11pm!

Sunday - I found the way to get the kids to sleep till 7:45 - have them scooter for 3+miles and go to bed at 11pm! :)  We took them to see Kung Fu Panda 2 and to lunch. I could not stay awake and for the first time ever, I took a nap and the kids didn't. Because of my nap we didn't get to the pool till 4 and only got to stay 20 minutes before the thunder started. The kids were asleep by 6:30 and L and I did a bunch of stuff around the house and then watched No Strings Attached (cute) and some of the Tonys (loved it!)

I have today off and am LOVING the weather (currently in the 70s!) I spent an hour at Wegmans without kids (bliss!)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It had its ups and downs.  Unfortunately Daisy has a cold/pink eye/teeth cutting so underlying all of the following I had a screaming, cranky, miserable baby.

On Sat we went shopping at the mall. We were there to get my bro a grad gift and check out Rainforest Cafe for lunch, but DW also made my day by surprising me with a new Coach bag! Sprout loved RF Cafe and RB was liking it until the thunderstorms...she's normally fearless, but when the lights when out and the "storm" started she clung to me and kept whispering "all done. bye bye. all done." poor baby!

In the afternoon we had Sprout's kid party at a local play place. ISprout had a good time and got way too many presents. But I can clearly see why he gets in trouble so much at school...the boys in his class are wild (play fighting, climbing on things, ect) and I could see him trying to make good choices not to get in trouble, but he inevitably got sucked in. I was shocked at how the parents of these boys seemed unphased by their bad behavior. After the party we took a drive to check out a car I think we're gonna buy this week.

Sunday morning I had planned to get some "me time" since i was solo with the kids all week. And i did...but i wish it wasn't spent waiting 45 minutes at the CVS minute clinic to get some eye drops for raging pink eye. Ugh. hate pink eye.

In the afternoon we went to my parents' house for my bro's grad party. Then DW was off to softball and I was solo with the kids again. Is it September yet??

• Fri night: DD and I went shopping for a bday gift for one of her classmates.

Saturday: DD was up at 6:40...yawn. We had breakfast and I took her to our town's annual celebration. We sat on the curb and watched the parade and then walked to the park for the fair food and rides, etc. By 2:30 she was fading so we went home. Mommy counted the minutes until she could go to bed, she was SO tired.

Sunday: Up at the crack again! We lounged around the house in the morning and then went to a bday party for her classmate at a local bouncy place. E was super shy and clinging to me for what seemed like an eternity (mind you, she knows all these kids and sees them every day!). I attributed this to her early waking/no napping self. Eventually she warmed up and had a blast to the point where her elbows got slightly "rug-burned" from going down the super fast slide! How do you explain this to a 5 year old? This morning when she woke up the first thing she said after good morning was "mommy my elbows still hurt". Yes love, they'll be better in a few days.

• On Saturday I woke up early for no reason, but I did get a bunch of stuff done - walked the dog, dropped clothes off at the donation bin, did grocery shopping for the week, and hemmed and hung new curtains in the kitchen. I love them, they're sheer so you can see the green leaves and the kitchen is sunnier. We saw Super 8 in the afternoon (it was good, especially if you are a fan of The Goonies or ET), and had dinner with two of Jen's friends.

On Sunday we drove up to Baltimore for brunch at Woodberry Kitchen. It was amazing, and more than worth the drive. We'll definitely be going back for brunch soon, and trying it for dinner sometime. We came home for a little while afterward and Jen took a nap, and then we went to Red Door Spa to get mani/pedis - I had guessed our surprise activity correctly, but Jen lied :) It was really nice. I've only had my nails done professionally two or three times, and never at a really nice place - I loved all the massaging and the hot towels wrapped around my legs, etc. Heaven. We walked around a little bit afterward and then went home. I made tacos for dinner and we watched a few epsides of Dexter before turning in early. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Friday dw dropped E off at her grandparents and we went to the quicienera (sp???) it was as fun as one can have with 50 15 year olds and a few adults.  We went home watched the end of the B's game and crashed.

Sat we slept until 9 am!!!!   What a treat.  We went to get E and go to the nephew's b-day party.   E was a little pissed at us when we got there but she gave us great hugs eventually.  E had a cold/allergies and was coughing all  night and day with runny nose and eyes.  She ended up having a coughing fit and barfed.  Of course it was right after my nephew blew out the candles.  I think it was the smoke from the candles on top of the problems she was already having.  I took her upstairs to change her and noticed that she was retracting and having trouble breathing.  Since I didn't have the nebulizer (why didn't I bring that????) We had to high tail it home from nh with me in the back of the car.  I am so sad that it is becoming more and more apparant that E is going to have asthma due to her chronic lung disease because of her prematurity.  Not the end of the world but it certainly makes things a little more complicated.  She was much better after her treatment.

Sunday Sue had loads of work to do and E was still under the weather so we stuck close to home.  Plus the weather was crappy.  I did go to the grocery store to pick up food.  Other than that a pretty mellow weekend.  

Oh and i lost 3.2 lbs this week go weight watchers!  I am going to look good in my swim suit in p-town if it kills me! 

• Friday was my birthday (thanks, everyone, for the well wishes!) and my day off, so I stayed home and watched bad TV while rearranging the living room and cleaning. I thought I was taking care of the last un-babyproofed area in our living room, but alas this weekend they figured out how to climb up on the lower shelf of the cabinet that the TV sits on, so the babyproofing will continue next weekend... sigh.

Saturday we played at home in the morning then got the kiddos to take good naps before heading out to the Pride parade. Neither of us had ever been to DC Pride (bad lesbians!) and WOW was the Metro system packed! There was a huge line waiting for the elevator at the Metro station where we got out, and we missed the very beginning of the parade. We found another family that was planning to walk with the same group we were there to meet, so we waited with them until our group came around, then jumped in.

It was awesome to see 2brides and her cute boys (how great are those signs?!) and finally meet L! We were so impressed by how put-together they looked that we vowed to do matching family t-shirts next year. Smile The kids seemed to enjoy the walk-- at a couple of slow spots S let Little Man down to walk around/dance, and Peanut rode up on the handlebar of the stroller for most of it. They were exhausted by the end, and we thought they'd sleep well that night because of it, but they were both up off and on all night (teething-related, probably).

Sunday we had grand plans of either going down to the Pride festival or taking the kids swimming, but ended up scrapping those when the kiddos' nap lasted a measly 35 minutes (ugh!). I was then hoping to go run errands with the kids, but between grouchy kids and an ill-timed make-up nap for DS, it didn't happen. We ordered pizza (which the kiddos seemed to enjoy) and stayed up too late watching TV and talking.

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Friday- J picked up pizza and redbox on her way home so we just laid around and enjoyed a quiet night at home.

Saturday- We went to town to walk around the mall and have my wedding ring looked at. Unfortunately the lady there didn't know what to tell us so we have to wait on the man that we deal with to find out whats wrong with it. We looked at baby things and clothes. When we left the mall you couldn't see three inches in front of you because a wind storm started kicking up all the dust from the fields (we've been in a drought after 2 months straight of rain) We went to my grandparents house to wait out the storm that followed and my grandma tried (again) to convince me to go to my brothers wedding. We came home for another quiet night

Sunday- I decided that because I have such an obsession with True Blood J will have one as well so we watched the first season and started on the second season. We grilled out and let Nimo run around for awhile (Our husky). J  decided that since I'm always on here she's going to start coming around as well. She glanced at the site but hasn't really started looking around yet.

This morning my blisters on my hand decided to bust and J laughed so hard she dropped the straighter because my hand was above my face when it happened. Gross. But at least its healing I suppose. I'm never frying food again. Yet another dust storm started this morning then rain, hail and thunderstorms. Lightning struck two inches outside of our bay window where I was sitting to keep an eye out for tornadoes. I almost peed myself lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We went thrift store shopping for dining room chairs on Saturday, bought 4 chairs and then J's aunt said she had chairs for us that go with the table we are refinishing...  The ones we bought are getting posted on craigslist.

Sunday was relaxing, J worked and I didn't do much.

I hurt my hand on Saturday and thought it was broken, went to the Dr. today and he said it is fine, just a bad contusion.

I won't be on here much this week, it's our vacation week!!!!  Tonight we are going to a Dodgers game, not one that really interests us but one that the girls should be safe at.  Tomorrow we are spending the day at Knott's Berry Farm and Wed-Fri we will be camping!  A has been twice, J and Iz have never been so it should be fun for all of us (especially when J screams when a spider crawls in the tent). Stick out tongue

• imagessg73:

Oh and i lost 3.2 lbs this week go weight watchers!  I am going to look good in my swim suit in p-town if it kills me! 

woo hoo awesome!!!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Everyone is having such fun it seems -

Nothing special going on here just working on Dos Babies Nursery  2 cribs are up 2 walls painted chocolate truffle.

We got a new rug and are still organizing the house - mainly cleaned and organized over the weekend.

preparing for our families to come up for fathers day !

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • 2brides--Love the pride picture, so cute! 

We had a very low key weekend. On Saturday we met a couple of Kel's friends from high school for an early dinner. The hostess looked a little wary when we showed up with 5 adults (one pregnant) a 5yr old, a toddler and two newborns. We are quickly reaching that point where more of our friends have kids than don't. After we put E to bed we pulled out his baby book and realized we had totally neglected it for months so we spent the evening reminiscing about his first year to fill it in--can't believe he is turning one tomorrow!!!

On Sunday we blew off our plans and hung out at home--it was a beautiful day so we took a walk in the neighborhood and then put a blanket out in the yard for E to play on while I had Lex in the Moby and Kel gardened. 

• I was superly busy at work today so I am late to this, which probably means no one will read it, but alas.  We had an awesome weekend despite our fears that the cold and rain would ruin all our plans.  My sister and her 2 year old twins came down to visit again.  We decided to forge ahead with plans and ended up being the only people swimming at the beach and the only people in the sprinklers/kiddie pool at the local park.  My nephews *loved* both.  They've also both had a huge burst of language development recently, which is so so fun to see.  The only annoying part is that they both love saying "Becky?  Where Becky go?" way more than asking for me.  (Becky is my wife).  :D  After they took off on Sunday we spent a good chunk of the day reading Harry Potter.
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"