March 2011 Moms
Options

How long do you let your baby sleep?

I've been cutting off her naps once she hits 3 hours.  I'm wondering if I should wake her up sooner...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long do you let your baby sleep?

• Options
    I let DS sleep as long as he wants.  He is growing and needs all the sleep he can get.
  • Options

I let her sleep until she wakes up.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nattnnattn member
    As long as she wants. That's usually somewhere between 2 and 5 hours. It has really helped her sleep good through the night. She sleeps 8-10 hours at night, gets up to eat and sleeps another 2-3.
  • Options

imagenattn:
    As long as she wants. That's usually somewhere between 2 and 5 hours. It has really helped her sleep good through the night. She sleeps 8-10 hours at night, gets up to eat and sleeps another 2-3.

wow your lucky! 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Photobucket
  • Options
    I try to never wake her up once she's napping. The more sleep she gets the better she sleeps.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imagenattn:

Mine too.  I don't wake her unless I HAVE to and that's only happened once. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicInternational Nestie!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Another one for the "let her sleep." I have never woken her up from a nap and don't plan too until it starts affecting her nightime sleep. I don't think that started happening with my son until well over a year old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, this is opposite of what I've read (don't let them sleep longer than 3 hours during the day).  Anna sleeps about 5 hours at night, and I was afraid that if I let her sleep longer during the day, she would sleep less at night.... I'm rethinking that now!
  • Options

i have always woken him up during the day. he eats every 3 hours and i dont let him miss a meal. when he turned 3 months and 1 day old, he started sleeping 8-10 hours at night.

if he doesnt get 30 oz during the day he doesnt sleep as long at night. once we start solids in a week, i will start stretching out his bottles to 4 hours.

• Options

I never wake my DS, the books I have read say to never wake a sleeping baby.  Or at least ONLY in the very beginning when they are really little and need to gain weight.  My LO is 10 weeks tomorrow and he is sleeping a 6 hr stretch at night, and then goes back to sleep for another 2-3.  

• Options
    Wow, my LO has never taken a nap that long!  I'm lucky if she naps for over an hour!  So that being said, I never wake her from a nap.  She sleeps pretty good at night -- often a 7 hour stretch then another 2 hours.  I always try to get her to nap more during the day but she rarely does.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I cut him off at 3, but I've only had to do that a couple times. Most of his naps are 2 -2.5 hours
  • Options
    nattnnattn member
    I feel so lucky. I was worried at first about it, but talked to her pedi and she said at two months, she old enough, let her sleep and enjoy it, so that's what I do. On days she doesn't get enough nap time in, she doesn't sleep nearly as good at night. I've heard sleep=sleep and it works for us. She's still gaining plenty of weight, so why not?
  • Options
    DS only takes 30min naps on average. His longest nap is an hour at most. Since his naps are so short we let him sleep as long as possible. He is a really good night time sleeper (11-12hrs) so I'm fine with him cat napping during the day since he sleeps so long at night.
  • Options

imageMagical95:
    I cut him off at 3, but I've only had to do that a couple times. Most of his naps are 2 -2.5 hours

This. We wake her for her feedings to make sure she eats every 3 hours, but if she falls asleep again after that, so be it. She sleeps from 9pm to 5:30/6am at night.

• Options
    he rarely goes past 2.5 hrs but if we're pushing 4 i'll usually wake him up to feed him. that has only happened a couple of times. it's funny, the times i'm trying to let him sleep, he'll wake up if i scratch my face. the times i'm trying to get him to wake up on his own, i could bring a marching band in here and he wouldn't stir.
    Anniversary

• Options
    skioskio member

imagedevilbaby713:
    DS only takes 30min naps on average. His longest nap is an hour at most. Since his naps are so short we let him sleep as long as possible. He is a really good night time sleeper (11-12hrs) so I'm fine with him cat napping during the day since he sleeps so long at night.

I could've written this. DD used to nap 1-2 hours, but now she's a cat napper. She only stays out for a half hour on average before waking and is perfectly happy doing it. She sleeps 9-11 hours overnight so I don't complain about her napping issues!

However, if she did take long naps during the day, no way I would wake her!

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'll let him go as long as 4 hours between feedings so usually that means no longer than a 3 hour nap. He had such a hard time gaining weight his first month of life that I'm still in the mentality that he HAS to eat at least every 3-4 hours during the day.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageArtsywife07:
    Wow, my LO has never taken a nap that long!  I'm lucky if she naps for over an hour!  So that being said, I never wake her from a nap.  She sleeps pretty good at night -- often a 7 hour stretch then another 2 hours.  I always try to get her to nap more during the day but she rarely does.
    Ditto this exactly.

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options
    I function on Stella's schedule, not the other way around :)  So - no, no waking up ever.
  • Options
    DD rarely ever naps for more than an hour, but the odd time she'll sleep 3-4 hours, and I let her sleep as long as she wants except if it's a late afternoon nap that runs into the evening and it is bedtime (7:30/8); I will wake her just to feed and change her and put her right back to bed. She sleeps for a 10-12 hour stretch at night.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Options
    I wake never wake DS up from his naps... I'm lucky to get 45 minutes at a time though except for saturday he fell asleep at 4PM and slept until 530AM the next day only waking 3 times to eat.  I've heard the more they sleep during the day the better they sleep at night, but also heard from the pediatrician to keep him up as long as possible so he sleeps better at night, so I don't know!
  • Options
    During the day i wake my lo after 3 hours
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"