April 2011 Moms
Options

(NBR) I'm the Poet of the Week! :-)

Hey, All,

Here's a short interview and two of my poems. I hope you like them if you get a chance to check them out. The first deals with a boy I went to high school with who ended up trying to kill his wife (she survived) and then killing himself, and the second deals with leaving my abusive ex. (Not all of my poetry is this dark. Promise.) But I thought you might like to read them. I mentioned doing this interview a few weeks ago. I'd just gotten peed on and then got emailed to do the interview, which made me feel better :-)

https://poetonpoetry.blogspot.com/2011/06/poet-of-week-shaindel-beers.html

Tonight's graduation at the college, and I'm so excited to see my students graduate. We have a tradition where the students line up in two lines (like when you play "London Bridge is Falling Down" and faculty walks through, and they clap for us, then we split into two lines, and they walk through, and we cheer for them. I tear up every time!

Have a great weekend and many hugs, Ladies! You all are awesome and deserve the best!

MacAndCheese
Mac and cheese lover!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: (NBR) I'm the Poet of the Week! :-)

• Options
    Congratulations! Those are beautiful poems, I really loved Angel Torres.

• Options
    Congratulations :) I love them both. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    vilarovilaro member
    Nice work!
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• Options
    Thanks so much, Guys! :-)
    MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    Beautiful! Congrats.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    Your work is lovely.  You tie up the endings so cleanly, and the imagery is sharp.  In another life I was a poet too--but I chose another path in life, and I don't seem to have time anymore.  You are right in your interview--you have to keep writing. Anyway, I always get excited when you post about your work, because I'm living vicariously through you.  :)

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Options

imagewatermelon mom:
    Your work is lovely.  You tie up the endings so cleanly, and the imagery is sharp.  In another life I was a poet too--but I chose another path in life, and I don't seem to have time anymore.  You are right in your interview--you have to keep writing. Anyway, I always get excited when you post about your work, because I'm living vicariously through you.  :)

Awwww...Thank you! Poetry's still there for you... It's not like ballet where we're post retirement age already. Look at all the writers who have gone on into their nineties and beyond--Ruth Stone, Stanley Kunitz. I hope you'll take it up again. I'd love to see your work. If you have any published stuff floating around, let me know...or feel free to PM something to me. :-)

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"