Military Families
Options

XP: Anyone use the peds clinic at Dewitt (Ft. Belvoir)?

DS is currently on Tricare Prime and has been seen at Dewitt for his first couple appointments. I don't know how I feel about them yet and I figured that I would check with this board to see if anyone takes their kids there and what your experience has been. 

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: Anyone use the peds clinic at Dewitt (Ft. Belvoir)?

• Options

We haven't used the peds clinic at Belvoir, but DS and I have both been to the Dewitt clinic in Woodbridge.  DS saw his pediatrician twice.  I HATED the lady he saw. 

DS had his first appointment with her for his 5 year check up.  When she walked in the room, she told him to lie on the table and immediately pulled his underwear down.  She didn't introduce herself.  She didn't tell him what she was about to do.  I understand it is a normal part of a physical for a boy, but she was completely inappropriate.

She didn't talk to DS in an age appropriate way, and she was plain rude.  At the end of the appointment, she said, "Does he have an iron issue, or is he always this pale?"  He's fair skinned, but I've never seen it as a problem. 

At his second and last visit, he was sick.  When she walked in the room, she said, "Is he always this pale?" She then proceeds to look him and I up and down and said, "I guess he is just that white, huh?"  She said it in an almost accusatory way. 

Medicine, IMO, is more than just a clinic aspect.  Clinically, I'm sure the lady was completely competent.  However, she had zero bedside manner, and she was rude.  If you are going to work with children, you have to have a way with them.  She didn't even try.  Needless to say, we switch DS to Standard because I never want to deal with this woman again.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We live in Alexandria, near Old Town, and take LO to the Rader Clinic at Fort Myer. His pedi is Dr. Porter and I love him! But. . . I had heard, at one point, the pedi clinic was full and not taking new patients. But, IMO, it would be worth a call.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks! I live right near Old Town too and I used to go to Radar. I never even checked with them because I too had heard that they were full, but if you like them, I will definitely pursue because I have only been so, so on Dewitt.

imageSmudges*Mom:
    We live in Alexandria, near Old Town, and take LO to the Rader Clinic at Fort Myer. His pedi is Dr. Porter and I love him! But. . . I had heard, at one point, the pedi clinic was full and not taking new patients. But, IMO, it would be worth a call.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We live in Old Town too, and are seen at Andrews AFB. We've been pretty happy with our care, though sometimes it's difficult to be seen right away... good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"