Houston Babies
Options

amusement park rides and pregnancy

We just found out we are expecting #2! I have a trip planned with my mom to take DS to Six Flags in Dallas at the end of the month. I'll be 7 weeks along then.

I might get some flames, but would the little kiddie rides like the tea cups, airplanes that go in a circle, cars on a track be okay to ride with DS? We won't be going on any roller coasters or "thrill" rides, just the little kid stuff and maybe a couple of water rides. I plan to ask my OB about this as well, but thought I'd see if any of you had experience with this also.

I obviously don't want to do anything that will potentially harm the baby, but I want to be able to enjoy the park with DS too.

TIA!

Re: amusement park rides and pregnancy

• Options

I would, I don't think the motion of any of those rides is going to do anything to you.  It's no more extreme motion than riding in a car, elevator, escalator, bicycle, etc.  But then I did a jungle canopy zipline tour when I was 5 weeks pregnant, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.  ;) 

Seriously, go, have fun.  

My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Options
    imageSuzi-G-:

I would, I don't think the motion of any of those rides is going to do anything to you.  It's no more extreme motion than riding in a car, elevator, escalator, bicycle, etc.  But then I did a jungle canopy zipline tour when I was 5 weeks pregnant, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.  ;) 

Seriously, go, have fun.  

Agreed. I didn't know I was PG when I was at Disney last year. I think I rode every ride minus Misson Space. I came back and still hadn't gotten my period so I took a test.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    CONGRATS!!!! So excited for you!
  • Options
    Congrats!   And I agree with PPs
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else.  I did Schlitterbahn last year 2 days before finding out I was pregnant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Agree with the others. Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I went to Disney World at 7 mos. pregnant. I rode the rides like Dumbo/Aladdin/Triceratops Spin, mainly because my 2-year-old loved them.

I also rode some marginally bumpy things, like Jungle Safari. Luckily Disney had a lot of those car rides, like Peter Pan and Small World. I enjoyed Soarin and Toy Story shoot-out the most of what I allowed myself to do in my condition.

I abstained from roller coasters, teacups (centrifugal force rides), and the noxious fumes of the go-karts. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"