September 2011 Moms

Re: Have you seen this birth story?

• Options
  • Options
    I started to read it but couldn't make it past the 2nd paragraph because I couldn't stand her referring to herself as mommy. I don't know I thought it was wierd, why not just say I or myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I can't believe I just read that whole d@mn thing. I must be really bored today.

Her referring to herself in the third person and the fact that she can't type out any "naughty" words - boobs, vagina/vaginal, etc. just annoyed me even more. What a train wreck! I kept thinking something major was going to happen at the end so I kept reading. And why did she think that sharing that much detail was necessary?? Oyyy veyy.

• Options
    I think it was kind of neat that it was written to the baby, but I agree that constantly referring to herself in the 3rd person as "mommy" was weird.  Plus, if she referenced "V" one more time I was going to scream.  A little strange!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Henry - Born October 1, 2011 Baby #2 - Due August 30, 2013!
  • Options

imageamandaloren:
    I started to read it but couldn't make it past the 2nd paragraph because I couldn't stand her referring to herself as mommy. I don't know I thought it was wierd, why not just say I or myself.

This.... and I kept wondering but is she talking like someone else who was there?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I couldn't get past the 3rd person references, the Random Capitalization of Words, or the fact that she said "thought mommy had a number 1 accident" instead of "when my water broke, I thought I had urinated."
  • Options

Lacey I'm so glad you read the whole d@mn thing so I didnt have to!  Good heavens that was annoying!  I only made it through the 2nd paragraph as well!

• Options
    Okay, so I've never actually read any of the birth stories around here: this was my first one. I am so glad to know it's chuckle-worthy because the inability to say "vagina" or "breast" and the third person thing was making my eyebrow arch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Whoa. That was creepy. And I only read the first couple paragraphs.

I get that she wants to tell the story to her child...but what kid (or even later, as an adult) would want to know about their birth in that much detail? Yikes.

And yeah, the "number 1 accident" was really, really odd.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemarriedfilingjointly:

As an English teacher, this made tears come to my eyes.  :(

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love reading birth stories, but I'm annoyed at the thread after only reading the comments from you guys so I don't think I'd make it through the entire post.
    bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options
    imageamandaloren:
    ugh. this. exactly
  • Options
    imageamandaloren:
    ugh. this. exactly
  • Options
    imageheatherebee:

imageamandaloren:

This.... and I kept wondering but is she talking like someone else who was there?

I actually started thinking big brother was the one who wrote it  Stick out tongue

• Options
    I couldn't get through the entire thing, but will admit I started to get teary eyed because she was about to give birth....damn hormones.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Aside from the annoying self reference, this was definately NOT proof read. Just saying, most of the sentences I had to fill in words to make it sound okay.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageKBaker421:
    imageheatherebee:

imageamandaloren:

I actually started thinking big brother was the one who wrote it  Stick out tongue

That's what I thought and then big brother got sent to be with his dad and I thought is this going to be like a twin sibling or an angel.... lol I went all wandering with this one!

• Options
    I only read about 2 sentences. I did laugh at the only comment though. Haha. Maybe she wrote this for the baby book? Still weird.
  • Options
    I tried really hard to read it.
  • Options
    imageexoh:

imagemarriedfilingjointly:

As an English teacher, this made tears come to my eyes.  :(

Lol Then don't read other things she has posted. 

• Options
    I couldn't get past the first part. I'm pretty sure the baby doesn't dialate. I'm pretty sure your cervix dialates so the baby can get out, or did I miss something in health class?
  • Options
    It took me until the 3rd or 4th paragraph to realize what was going on and who typed it... then I got frustrated and stopped reading.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I tried really hard to read the whole thing but I couldn't get past the tub section. That post reads like a scam post on craigslist. It only made sense because I had to force myself to make it make sense. The "number 1 accident" thing was where I decided it must be a joke. 
  • Options
    wow, I read the first 2 sentences...scrolled down to see how long it was and then gave up lol 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"