September 2011 Moms
Options

I had the most disturbing experience today.

I was in the check out line at Wal-Mart today when I witnessed an incident that really upset me.  I understand that I don't know this woman's situation but from what I saw...well I'll just tell you about it.

I was in line at Wal-Mart and there was a woman in front of me with her son.  The child was crying and saying, "Mommy, I'm hungry."  The mother said, "Shut your mouth or I'll shut it for you."  The woman then picks up a Snickers bar from shelf and ate the entire thing in front of the little boy (who was still crying he was hungry).  He reached for the candy bar at one point and the mother pulled it back and told him he didn't deserve it because he was crying like a baby.  It broke my heart.  I wanted nothing more than to give this little boy something to eat.  I don't want to be one to judge but this has to be the most selfish act I have ever witnessed.  I have been thinking about that poor child all day long.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I had the most disturbing experience today.

• Options
    Ugh, that's horrible. How do people do this let alone do this in public?
  • Options

Awww.... That is soooo sad. :( I can't imagine how you must have felt to witness that. But those are the kind of women I would love to call DYS on. I don't understand how people can be so cruel to a child. I know there are much worse things, but that may not be the only abuse she is dishing out to that little boy. I just hope it was just an incident of her having a bad day and the kid just being whiny and not really hungry.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    wow, I am sure was a FatA$$...and really needed that snickers...
  • Options

imageBritClen:
    wow, I am sure was a FatA$$...and really needed that snickers...

Well I was going to leave that part out but since you brought it up, the woman was severely obese.   

• Options
    Yet another reason why not to go to WalMart
    Baby Boy born 9/10/11 BFP 6/26/12
  • Options
    that's why I avoid wal mart, unless I need some entertainment. That is such a shame... poor kid :(
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That poor kid. Even if he was just whining and not really hungry thats no reason to eat a candy bar in front of him. When I worked for the school district i saw a lot of parents like this. broke my heart to think about what it was like for those kids at home.
    BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, I tooootally would have opened my big arse mouth on that one. Disgusting.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    OMG what a B!TCH! Poor little kid!
  • Options
    When I signed my boys up for pre-k the packet had a questionaire which asked if you use food as a type of punishment. I can honestly say that I freaked out thinking about this. I realize that there are pig headed people out there, but I won't even let my other 3 have a treat unless they all deserve one. All of my kids are fed regardless of them being in trouble or not and that pisses me off to see, hear, know that there are people out there that are like this. DH offered to pick me up a Starbucks the other day (i had been dying to try the new coconut mocha frapp) and we both feel very strongly about equality in our house. Needless to say, everyone got a starbucks drink. I also hate taking my boys out around meal times and make sure I feed them before going out. Some people just SUCK!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    What the hell is wrong with people?! If thats what she does in public, can you imagine what goes on at home? Poor kid
  • Options

You know it's worse when she's not in public.  I am always shocked how willing people are to show others what horrible parents there are, especially in Walmart (why is that?).  I just hope in this little boys case, her worst was at the store. 

Every time I read about abused kids in the paper, or see it on the news, I think about how many more kids are out there getting abused, neglected, or tortured.  It breaks my heart.  Innocent kids that never know any love.  I don't know how people can treat their kids that way.  And I often wonder why they don't give their kids to people that really want them.  So unfair.  

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Missed miscarriage discovered at 16 weeks on 10/11/10. Baby measuring 12 weeks. Natural miscarriage 10/12/10. We will miss you forever. Chemical pregnancy on June 2012.
  • Options
    And don't you wonder if you should call someone?  I think I am going to start when I see crap like that.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Missed miscarriage discovered at 16 weeks on 10/11/10. Baby measuring 12 weeks. Natural miscarriage 10/12/10. We will miss you forever. Chemical pregnancy on June 2012.
  • Options
    Most of my students are on free or reduced lunch. Most got free lunch and their only meal was at school. I worry about this summer and how they are getting food. I've seen plentry of horrible things like this just working one year as a teacher. A lot of it is not considered abuse. It's really sad.
  • Options
    Wow.. the eating of the snickers is the really cruel part of this story.  I have told my daughter that she will have to wait until we get home. (not really huge on the snacks especially ones like candy bars a whole lot) but I would NEVER eat something and not give her any. I was always the mom who had something for my dd when she was smaller that she COULD snack on.  Wow... poor baby, I hope he doesn't grown up to have food issues...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"