LGBT Parenting

New England meet-up?

I had a wonderful breakfast date with Brit and her adorable 'H' this morning and it left me wanting more :)  I know there is a potential Philly meet-up in the works but personally, with 2 trips already planned and a throwing a surprise party this summer (and a looming newborn!), a trip to Philly isn't possible for us, unfortunatly.  

So, I wanted to check in and see if anyone would be interested in a New England meet-up.  There are so many of us on here and it is so nice to have met Brit and made a 'real-life' friend through this board, it seems silly to not have more things scheduled!  So what do you think?  Any interest?  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: New England meet-up?

• I am in and as of June 23 I am a sahm again!  So I am free pretty much anytime.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm in! I could do any Saturday in July except for the 30th.  Sundays would be okay too but if I'm driving far I would prefer Saturday.  August is pretty much out for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Great seeing you again Jean Smile

I can do any weekend in July except the 16/17.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • So it looks like July 9th or 23rd??
  • mrl02mrl02 member
    I am definitely interested too.  We have a crazy summer...so I'll just hope to be able to come whatever date is chosen. 
  • We'd be in :)

I cant do the 23rd (though ironically its b/c we'll be in boston for a family party!) but could do the 9th or 24th

• I vote for July 9th (or even the 2nd, I don't think I saw that veto'd).  K's birthday is the 23rd and I am surprising her and taking her to Ptown for the weekend.   Exciting!  So, any ideas about what should we do?

If we met in MA we could go to the Aquarium?  Boston Commons for a picnic?  I would be happy to host a cook out if everyone is interested in keeping it minimal $$ (aka, staying out of Boston or any other large city). We have a decent sized yard and a nice park/shaded playground in walking distance (at least I think it is shaded..I don't typically lurk around the swing set ;)   I also know Brit has found another park down this way with a petting zoo. Any thoughts up your way?

Seeing as I don't have any kids, I will leave it up to you all to decide what you think your kids will enjoy the most.   

• The aquarium would be awesome, but very difficult to stay together and actually socialize.  I love the idea of a picnic/playground/cook out or the like so the kids could play while we chat.
  • Would anyone be interested in meeting in Northampton? It's a much shorter drive for both CT and myself and we've done a Boston GTG before.  Not a biggie though.

And also - can we take this conversation off-boards? For the final date/time/location.  I'd rather not have it posted on a open public forum.  We've always sort of keep gtg times offline.

• you're so smart.  :)  I have sent you a PM, can you start an email?  I only have Mrs. F and SSG's emails.
  • I think it would be so amazing to meet you guys (childless creeper that I may be... sigh ;) ).  DW and I will be in Europe on July 9 though!  

Does anyone know if Joy decided about whether to go to Boston the 23-24? 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • imagejeannkerricotober09:
    you're so smart.  :)  I have sent you a PM, can you start an email?  I only have Mrs. F and SSG's emails.

No problem! I'll start up an email this afternoon (gotta run to an appt).  Anyone who is interested in joining the email (other than the usual suspects) just shoot me a PM with your email address.

• The 9th sounds good to me. I'll look out for the email Smile
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageTwo*True:

imagejeannkerricotober09:
    you're so smart.  :)  I have sent you a PM, can you start an email?  I only have Mrs. F and SSG's emails.

No problem! I'll start up an email this afternoon (gotta run to an appt).  Anyone who is interested in joining the email (other than the usual suspects) just shoot me a PM with your email address.

Two, can you put me on the email (twb address you already have)? We're still debating about Ptown, but we do want to take a vacation this summer. Maybe we'd make it this so we can meet up with more folks than will be at Family Week. I haven't run this by S at all, but I'm guessing she'd potentially be up for it. Smile We'd have to see what kind of a drive we'd be looking at, of course. 
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • imagethemommymonster:
    Boo for living in the Midwest. I want to meet you ladies!

Boo for living on the other side of the country from you ladies! One of these days we will definitely make a trip back there though. I'm hoping for family week in Ptown.

• Of course I will actually be in Minnesota then. :o(

Hopefully next time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"