September 2011 Moms
Options

1st Anniversary- Paper Gift Ideas?

So, our first anniversary is quickly approaching and I have no clue what to get DH.  We don't have any professional sports teams where we live that are currently in season.  We go to Chicago quite often (where I'm from), but there are no games being played the weekend we will be there for my shower.  I am at a complete loss...

Do you have any fun suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 1st Anniversary- Paper Gift Ideas?

• Options

tickets to some sort of show (movie, play, monster trucks), massage gift certificate, framed picture (autograph of favor athlete maybe), a card with money lol  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I scheduled a couple's massage for us - which isn't paper, but it was a surprise so the way I told him was via paper.  I created a crossword puzzle with mushy clues about our honeymoon and wedding.  And then I highlighted a few of the letter boxes and those boxes spelled out "couples massage", so he had to solve the puzzle to find out what we were doing.

Cheesy but it worked!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I loved my 1st anniversary gift to DH. Smile On our second date, we watched XMen II and when the third XMen came out in the theater, it was our first movie theater date together. Also, he loves super heros.

So for our anniversary, I got him the DVD rom of all the old XMen comics and then went on ebay and bought him an original copy of the Batman (his favorite) comic book from the month and year he was born.

TTC since 10/07
    11 medicated cycles
    including...
    4 IUIs*5 IVFs*1 FET
    2 chemical pregnancies*missed m/c @8w 9/09*missed (twin) m/c @8w 5/10
    Laparoscopic myomectomy 8/10

Chromosomal translocation of #2 now requires ICSI and PGD

IVF #4= success!!! G-man born 8/18/11

IVF #5 2/2013 = N born 10/10/13 at 35w3d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My husband got me tickets to the Blackhawks game that day.  I got him a subscription to Sports Illustrated.  Since you mentioned sports, perhaps a magazine subscription will work since you can't attend an event that weekend.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    Thank you so much! Those are all really great ideas. I think I'm going to have fun with this :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"