September 2011 Moms
Options

Baby wraps

I don't want to use anything that looks like the baby bjorn, so I think I want to use a wrap to carry my baby around. What I've seen online shows something that seems cumbersome. I like the diversity the wrap looks like it offers, but since no one I know IRL uses them, I really have no clue. Is there something else that wraps baby securely to me, but doesn't look like it'll take an hour to get in and out of? 

Re: Baby wraps

• Options

You could try a sling. I probably would have used a sling with my son if I had one. But I had a Mobi wrap and I NEVER used it. It was just too much of a pain to put on.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Also, the attachment parenting board has a lot of women that babywear and can give great info. They may even have an FAQ. 

There are slings, wraps (various kinds), pouches, a variety of soft structured carriers that are not exactly like the baby bjorn. It seems like people just have different preferences....

We registered for an Ergo because DH really liked it and thought it would be a good option; we also registered for a wrap that is similar to a moby but not as stretchy because that felt the best on me (https://jeportemonbebe.com/). I think I am most likely to use it at home and he thinks he will use the Ergo outside and not really wear LO at home. We found 2 stores that "specialize" in babywearing....depending where you are, you may be able to find one near you with someone that could help pick a good one for what you want/how you plan to use it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks. I know nothing about baby gear.
  • Options

From what I've seen, the Maya Wrap (Ring Sling) seems to be the simplest way to cuddle up close, quick and easy...

As far as carriers go, I've read a lot of great reviews about the Ergo carrier.

I registered for both... :)

Good luck! 

• Options
    You might like a Mai Tei. It is simpler to get in than a Moby and is kinda structured like an Ergo. It seems like the Mai Tei wraps are also cheaper from what I've seen. 
  • Options
    Lucie's list recommends the Baby Ktan - I think that's what I'm going to register for.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We used the moby wrap..only wrap I've had experience with.. yes it looks overwhelming but its not.. I watched youtube videos on how.to wrap it and different holds and honestly after the first or second ty wrapping it you're set. It doesn't take an hour not even 10 minutes to wrap properly and securely.. that's my input.. I might just get a different color this time the black is killer down here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"