June 2011 Moms
Options

How long can False Labor go for?

I just went through 12 hours of contractions that were 6 minutes apart then I was finally able to sleep and now the contractions are coming every 15 minutes or so. I had no idea False labor can last this long!! Has anybody experienced this? Continuing to get contractions but they are not getting closer together...can this go on for days??  

Re: How long can False Labor go for?

• Options
    I hate to even type this but I had a close friend who was in false labor for weeks (4 or 5 I think)....she had contractions and the whole nine yards but took the whole 4-5 weeks to dialate passed 3cm.  Sorry!
  • Options
    I haven't had it every day, but I would say that for the past 3 weeks, there have been 3 or 4 days each week where I have had uncomfortable (some that I would call painful) contractions that lasted 30 seconds to 2 minutes and were 2 - 10 minutes apart for 1 -3 hours.  But, a pattern never develops and they never get longer or closer together consistently.  It's very frustrating.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugh, I'm with ya!  I had NONE with my first pregnancy, but yesterday I woke up at 3 am with contractions that were totally 4-1-1 but the intensity wasn't unbearable so I waited a little bit (sent hubby to work with the intention of coming home in an hour or so when I called) but as I got up and got things tidy and sort of in order to head to the hospital the contractions spread out and spread out and eventually fizzled out (by 5 pm that evening).  Spent the whole day wondering if it was go time.  SUCH a big tease!  It is really stressful and disappointing to get all geared up to go and have to stop.  Here I sit, bouncing on my yoga ball hoping she gets things started again soon.   Enough with the practice already, let's get to the real show! 

• Options
    I had this exact thing happen to me on Sunday!!  I woke up at 4:30am with contractions that were bothersome enough to not allow me to sleep (they were about 7 min apart though) So I waited around and kinda relaxed with my hubby. Intensity picked up about 2pm and all of a sudden I went from having a contraction every 6 min to having them every 3 min. And they were pretty intense.  They also didn't change at all when I moved positions. So we packed up and headed to the hospital. When I got checked in at L & D they were coming ever 1.5 to 2 min and pretty strong. The Dr. however told me that I wasn't making any progress so they pumped me full of fluids and waited for another hour or so and they spaced back out to 3 min, so they sent me home!!  HOW FRUSTRATING!!!  They eventually spaced back out to every 15 min or so and now I am having contractions every 45 min or so but they are weak! SOOO DISAPPOINTING!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (o6sy)

image    image

My Chart

BFP #1 - 6-2009 - edd 1-23-10 - mmc - discovered by u/s @ 13wks 2days - D&C
    BFP #2 - 10-15-2010 - Baby boy born 6-11-11
    BFP#3 - 6-2013 - edd 2-21-14 -mmc discovered by u/s @ 9 wks - D&C
    BFP #4 - 3-10-14 - edd 11-19-14 - natural miscarriage 4-10-14
    BFP #5 - 8-24-14 - edd 5-5-15 - Please be our RAINBOW!!! <3
    U/S 9-30 - baby measuring right on track, heart rate of 155bpm
    U/S 10-8 & 10-14 - baby is growing perfectly!
    10-20 - 151 bpm 10-31 153 bpm
    11-13 IT'S A BOY!!!!!
    12-11 & 12-18 - 144 bpm everything looked great at recheck of a/s
  • Options
    For at least a month now. And many of the other symptoms of labor...I gave up and declared that I am not going to the hospital until I am screaming in pain, or my water breaks...I get induced tomorrow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Weeks. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"