September 2011 Moms
Options

AW: Holy Hannah - I'm In Registry *Shock*

After all the recent posts about people who don't buy off of registries (particularily if you've announced the sex), I have been disgruntled but prepared for the outcome since everyone knows we are having a boy and about weekly, I have a friend or co-worker dropping off little onesies etc for me. So I acknowledged the fact that this child would have more clothes than DH and I combined.

Well, I  just checked my Target registry (have shower#1 on 6/18) and jesus jenny...I must be one of those lucky few because almost all of the big ticket items on that registry have been purchased (baby bjorn, diaper genie, swing, pack n play, and a bunch of diapers too!). Granted I have a registry at BBB that hasn't been touched yet (but I'm thinking that won't happen until my shower in July since it's in the same town the BBB is located.)

But seriously, I wanted to let you ladies know that there IS hope! I am sending the registry vibes and fairy dust out to your guests too!!!

Re: AW: Holy Hannah - I'm In Registry *Shock*

• Options
    Wow! You're one lucky girl! I'd be SUPER shocked if someone bought big ticket items off of our registry (pnp, crib, etc) because the only reason we put them on there was to get them after we get the completion coupon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Yay how exciting!  I haven't peaked at what exactly has been purchased (trying to make it a surprise) but the registry counts 23 items purchased :)  YAY

Have fun at your showers! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really think it depends on your particular friends/family. All of the baby showers, I've been to have gotten stuff from the registry and then for the people who knew the gender, they have also gotten clothes. I am kind of expecting it to be like that for me since they are mostly the same people (family at least).
  • Options
    kleu9kleu9 member
    imagehoot179:

Yay how exciting!  I haven't peaked at what exactly has been purchased (trying to make it a surprise) but the registry counts 23 items purchased :)  YAY

Have fun at your showers! 

damn sister, if I could harness the registry will power you have into healthy food choice will power for myself, I'd be a skinny minnie. I cannot help but look at my registry and more power to you because it will be so exciting for to be surprised when you open your gifts!!!

• Options
    kleu9kleu9 member

imageTrishes:
    Wow! You're one lucky girl! I'd be SUPER shocked if someone bought big ticket items off of our registry (pnp, crib, etc) because the only reason we put them on there was to get them after we get the completion coupon!

we were the same exact way. I already created an excel spreadsheet documenting what the prices would be of the big ticket stuff with our discounts etc so I could have a good idea of what to expect. I'm mildly obsessive compulsive when it comes to lists and spreadsheets. Love me some excel formulas mixed in there too haha

• Options
    That is awesome! I'm kinda jealous. I check my registry every day and not one item has been purchased. Then again my main shower isn't until August 6th. I have 2 other shower's though, one next Saturday and the other on July 2nd. You would THINK I have a good chance at things being purchased but I'm worried my decision to have an Amazon registry was a bad one....
    ~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I think it depends on how many "recent Mommies" are invited... I ALWAYS buy off the registry now that I have a child and know it's the way to go.

And seriously STOP stalking your registry..... Wouldn't it be more fun to be surprised and excited at your shower than to go in knowing exactly what you're going to open????? Stick out tongue

• Options
    imagekleu9:

imageTrishes:

we were the same exact way. I already created an excel spreadsheet documenting what the prices would be of the big ticket stuff with our discounts etc so I could have a good idea of what to expect. I'm mildly obsessive compulsive when it comes to lists and spreadsheets. Love me some excel formulas mixed in there too haha

I'm pretty much in love with Excel. It's a little bit pathetic.

• Options
    How lucky! I've only noticed one item purchased so far but my guess is I'll have a lot more activity on my registry once my baby shower is near.
  • Options
    imageTrishes:
    imagekleu9:

imageTrishes:

Glad i'm not the only one!  I <3 excel spreasheets - for EVERYTHING!

I'm pretty much in love with Excel. It's a little bit pathetic.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That is great news for you! My shower is in 2 weeks and only a handful of items have been purchased from our registry. However, a family member bought us a $500 BOB Stroller that was NOT on the registry and we didn't even ask for! So I am not complaining :)
    DW & I (yes, we're lesbians!) are using anonymous donor sperm and IUI TTC#1! Diagnosed with pituitary adenoma at age 16 2009: Extensive testing to find reason for irregular periods & rule out uterine cancer 10/2010: Dx possible PCOS / No Ovulation / Retroverted Uterus IUI #1 on 11/10/10 (50mg Clomid + Ovidrel trigger + Anonymous Donor Sperm) = BFN IUI #2 on 12/15/10 (50mg Clomid + Ovidrel trigger + Anonymous Donor Sperm) = BFP!!! Beta #1 = 75 (12dpiui) Beta #2 = 158 (14dpiui) Beta #3 = 333 (15dpiui) Beta #4 = 2,517 (19dpiui) First OB appointment and u/s 1/25/10 EDD: 9/7/11 BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    kleu9kleu9 member

image2HopefulMoms:
    That is great news for you! My shower is in 2 weeks and only a handful of items have been purchased from our registry. However, a family member bought us a $500 BOB Stroller that was NOT on the registry and we didn't even ask for! So I am not complaining :)

Umm that is AWESOME! Yay for the BOB!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"