Breastfeeding
Options

Oh my goodness, the pain

Normally I don't have any pain associated with breastfeeding but DS must have had a bad latch today or something is wrong.  They hurt so badly, especially on the left.  They look normal but it felt like knives when he was breastfeeding and it still is hurting even when he is not.  I did get really engorged prior to breastfeeding due to long naps by me and DS so I don't know if that is it.  What can I do to make them feel better?>
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Oh my goodness, the pain

• Options
    I still have the occasional pain with BF I have to be very careful about position and latch or he tends to hurt me...have you tried putting a drop of your milk and letting it air dry? I do that, and then I apply a tiny amount of Lansinoh, and just be very careful how he is latching...GL!
  • Options

Are your breasts sore or is it the nipples? Sometimes when I feed LO side lying during the night, they can be very sore the next morning - I think she just doesn't latch as deeply in that position. If it's your breast that's sore, could you still be engorged? Maybe try hot compress and ibuprophen?

I think hot knife type pain could also maybe be mastitis (would have flu like symptoms) or a seriously clogged duct (any lumps?), you might want to see your doctor if the pain keeps up. Feel better!!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"