September 2011 Moms
Options

Eek. Crib Issues :(

My parents have graciously purchased our crib. We are going with the Baby Cache Lifetime Crib in the Heritage Collection in cherry wood from BRU. Once my Mom saw this, she fell in love with it! I tried to look into less expensive options, but she thought it was so beautiful and good quality (with good reviews) and wanted to buy this for her first grandaughter :). They just got back last weekend from a 7 day cruise, and came over today to assemble. (My Dad was like a kid in the candy store about this.) Once we got everything out of the enormous box it came in, he noticed that on the left side, the wood is completely cracked! They called BRU and were told that it would take about 8 days to do a partial order for the side. As we were checking out the other sides, the headboard is also cracked and chipped, and the front section is also scratched in an area. Now they have to reorder the whole thing!! I'm so disappointed in the price of this crib I did not think I would have so many issues, but I know things like this will happen. Now we will have to wait another 2 weeks to finally get the crib together, hoping there are no issues with the new one. Has anyone else had any problems similar to this from BRU?? Sorry if this is a vent, I know we have a lot of time I just was excited to finally get her room looking like a nursery :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Eek. Crib Issues :(

• Options
    I have heard a lot of horror stories about BRU cribs being broken/cracked. This is why we bought a Graco Lauren crib from Target. So much cheaper and no issues at all.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    yes, it's a common complaint with cribs from BRU.  I know several people that ordered expensive cribs from there and had to reorder.  At the same time, we got our much cheaper crib from there and have had no issues. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard bad things too. I bought our crib from walmart in 2006 and it's still super sturdy and we are using it for the 5th time. My 3 boys, a niece of ours, and now our little girl. It was like $120 and a very pretty cherry wood color too.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options

I am so sorry that you have to reorder your whole crib! That is so upsetting. :(

We got ours from BRU (along with the matching dresser and changing table), and they've been in the boxes for the last month or so. I told DH about this post, and we decided to open up the crib box and check the crib (since we won't be opening everything officially for another month or two). Fortunately, the crib seemed to be fine. Hopefully the same goes for the dresser and changer, since we won't have anywhere to set up the nursery for another month or so.

Good luck getting your new crib. I hope it comes in quickly! 

• Options
    Thank you, I hope it comes quickly as well. It's hard because the further into summer we are getting I seem to be running out of free weekends(as I'm sure everyone else is as well) My only hope is the next one we receive is in good condition, and that no one else has to go through this! It's very disappointing.
  • Options

imageAmbs1023:
    Thank you, I hope it comes quickly as well. It's hard because the further into summer we are getting I seem to be running out of free weekends(as I'm sure everyone else is as well) My only hope is the next one we receive is in good condition, and that no one else has to go through this! It's very disappointing.

Definitely! We have something that we have to travel for every other weekend, and sometimes we have back-to-back weekends where we have things to do (weddings, showers, etc). I feel the same as you - so much to do, and so little time! 

• Options
    Yep, huge chip in the top of our BRU dresser. I really want to take it back and re-order, but DH doesn't want to take the thing apart to return it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"