September 2011 Moms
Options

~***FFFC***~

Re: ~***FFFC***~

• Options
    Last one.. (sorry for pwing) I think this is more of an UO but I don't trust the sids statistics.. the numbers are so skewed its hard to know how many are ligit most sid cases are often due to suffocation from what I've seen.. the grieving parens have been through enough so instead of calling them out on being idiots for having blankets dolls and toys or bedsharing wrongly with their children well call it sids and freak out more people.

My grandmothers grandma had a son who died of "crib death" as it used to be called however it was very uncommon then. My grandmother thinks that was a huge reason her and my great-great grandfather didn't stay together.

Also jello.is uber easy.. boil water add powder.. stir till clear of powder.. I put foil on my bowl to avoid that.gross film jello gets.. however im often too impatient to wait for jello to form so I never make it.. always "jello sounds good! Now I just wait eight hours and enjoy" .. I skip it and eat a cookie..
  • Options
    imagewomancake:
    imageexoh:
    imageLaComtesse:
    imagewomancake:

LOL I smell GLITTER!

What does glitter smell like?  Does it smell like Ke$ha?  Because if that's the case, I don't want it anywhere near my vag.

Oh God I hope not. She looks like she smells like the sickly sweet mix of urine and disinfectant you catch a whiff of in a gas station bathroom. Someone on this board (I forget who) put it perfectly once: "She looks sticky."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageexoh:
    imagewomancake:

Okay, total PW, but I have two more.  I don't think I participated last week, so I've got to make up for it, right?  Wink

1) It's only the beginning of June, and I'm already feeling miserable because of the heat.  The high today is supposed to be 94.  My feet are crazy swollen, I wake up drenched in sweat in the middle of the night, and I just generally can't get comfortable.  But I feel like I can't complain about it to anyone outside tb, because I can't stand the thought of proving all those people right who have said, "Oh, you're in for a miserable time being pregnant all summer!"  I refuse to give them the satisfaction of letting them know how miserable I am.

2) I'm pretty sure I have a girl crush on LaComtesse.  Embarrassed  She just seems fun and snarky and clever and I want to hang out with her.

Hey, now!  I'm pretty sure I already claimed LaComtesse AND brit, so... We will have to fight for the death.  We will sell tickets.

hehe, j/k! We can share! :)

Speaking of my darling brit, where is that wench? Is it me or has she not been around the past few days? 

• Options
    imageAzrayla:

Also jello.is uber easy.. boil water add powder.. stir till clear of powder.. I put foil on my bowl to avoid that.gross film jello gets.. however im often too impatient to wait for jello to form so I never make it.. always "jello sounds good! Now I just wait eight hours and enjoy" .. I skip it and eat a cookie..

lol I know!  It shouldn't be rocket science, but I can't do it!  I can bake anything, but not jello

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageLaComtesse:
    imageexoh:
    imagewomancake:

Okay, total PW, but I have two more.  I don't think I participated last week, so I've got to make up for it, right?  Wink

1) It's only the beginning of June, and I'm already feeling miserable because of the heat.  The high today is supposed to be 94.  My feet are crazy swollen, I wake up drenched in sweat in the middle of the night, and I just generally can't get comfortable.  But I feel like I can't complain about it to anyone outside tb, because I can't stand the thought of proving all those people right who have said, "Oh, you're in for a miserable time being pregnant all summer!"  I refuse to give them the satisfaction of letting them know how miserable I am.

2) I'm pretty sure I have a girl crush on LaComtesse.  Embarrassed  She just seems fun and snarky and clever and I want to hang out with her.

Hey, now!  I'm pretty sure I already claimed LaComtesse AND brit, so... We will have to fight for the death.  We will sell tickets.

Speaking of my darling brit, where is that wench? Is it me or has she not been around the past few days? 

She's out of town.  I can't remember when she's coming back, but they're visiting some family, and then taking a little babymoon.

• Options
    imagenatkay02:

I confess that I...

- Am addicted to Hershey bars.

- Haven't put my clothes away in so long that the hamper full of my clean clothes on my side of the bed literally busted. (In my defense the rest of the house looks pretty good.)

More to come as I think of them.

I just had one for breakfast and was going to save the other half for lunch, but who am I kidding I want Subway and I don't know how to resist their cookies. Also, the bag of Hershey bars are hidden in a cupboard above the fridge so DH won't take them and so I actually have to work to get them or else I would probably eat 3 a day! Embarrassed

• Options
    imageKatywren:

Ok... boss is out of sight.  I've caught up and now I can join in.  

I was eating cookies for breakfast with my coffee this morning and choked and spit cookies and coffee all over myself.  DH saw me and i said I just choked on coffee.  After cleaning myself up, I had another cookie.

Oh and I hope there is enough of LaComtesse to go around.   In your picture in Paris you look like Laura Nero, and I've always dug her in a groovy way.  

Your cookie story is cracking me up. I just imagine you sneakily nibbling your second one in a mix of shame and delight.

And thanks for the love! Ditto! I always love reading your posts and I feel like we're so often on the same page.

• Options
    imagewomancake:
    imageLaComtesse:
    imageexoh:
    imagewomancake:

She's out of town.  I can't remember when she's coming back, but they're visiting some family, and then taking a little babymoon.

Ah! There we go. Thanks!

• Options

imageLaComtesse:

Oh God I hope not. She looks like she smells like the sickly sweet mix of urine and disinfectant you catch a whiff of in a gas station bathroom. Someone on this board (I forget who) put it perfectly once: "She looks sticky."

Zing!

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I go to other baords to read their FFFC's, and think to myself, "These guys are so lame"
  • Options
    imageohsaysaysay:
    imagedianamcu:

imagecamdenfaithful:
    This is an absolute ridiculous FFC and maybe it's more of an UO, but I get really stabby when I see people talk about preschool graduation or 8th grade graduation.  That is lame.  You graduate from HS and you graduate from college (several times depending who you are).  I think all the crap they have now for kids where you have to host parties, give them gifts, and fawn all over them because they're either going on to kindergarten or 9th grade is BS.

I agree!  I think there's also 5th grade graduation.

WTF??? 5th grade graduation??/  No wonder kids don't have self esteem these days, they need praise for everything without earning it

I agree they are totally ridiculous!  I went to my step son's 5th grade graduation this past Tuesday and out of a class of over 75 students, 3 went home with nothing.  THREE!  I mean come on people, you come up with all kinds of crap awards to give out but you couldn't think of even one to include those 3 kids who went home without anything!?  I am all for give honor where honor is due, but does a child really need recognition for being in the archery club?  Is it really necessary to have a most popular award?  Academic recognition is all fine and dandy but in my opinion, all it does is raise the smart kids up even more and belittle the children who are not capable of such academic excellence.

• Options

I haven't mentioned this before, but the last time H and I had sex (2 weeks ago) I started bleeding bright red blood. My Dr. told me not to have sex for 2 weeks to make sure there wasn't another issue. H and I tried to still have fun last weekend but apparently pregnancy makes my gag reflex super strong.... Ick!  I'm really hoping we can go back to our regularly scheduled sexytime program soon.

Also, I am on my second donut while typing this. I am using the excuse that it is National Donut Day and I feel the need to fully celebrate.

My Heart!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My FFFC

I can't stand my FIL.

He is in town now so I hide the remote every chance I get just for my own amusment b/c all he does is watch tv or read.

image.
  • Options

imageohsaysaysay:
    I go to other baords to read their FFFC's, and think to myself, "These guys are so lame"

((which is why it's fun to lurk on your board...shhhhhhh don't tell them I'm here))

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

FFFC maybe should be posted on here per say but it's a confession and I don't go to church. (Maybe that's on in itself)

After my parents big fall out on Monday which led my drunk father back to my house with no clothes or hope, just a case of beer and some random work supplies, I finally broke down Tuesday evening after he almost fell over my boys in our living because he was drunk. I chewed him out until he cried for 10 minutes and passed out on the couch. It get's worse. The next day we all get up early and I fix a good breakfast and by 10am he's WASTED!! I chewed him out, called my mom, chewed her out, made her come get him and when he yelled "f*ck you" to me I slapped him across the face. I was in total shock. I couldn't believe I hit my Dad in the face!! It broke me down in so many ways. He cried again for about 5 minutes before passing out AGAIN. My mom finally showed up and took him home. Seat belted in the back seat like she was his personal driver. I have yet to talk to either of them. Embarrassed

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options

imageohsaysaysay:

It's so true lol Our UO and FFFC posts always hit over 100 responsesStick out tongue

• Options
    I've been eating eggs and cheese pretty much every morning this week and plan on continuing. No more veganism for me (though I won't eat meat or fish). I know some women can do it during pregnancy, but I just don't see how to get enough protein without getting sick of tofu and beans.

• Options
    My confession...I refuse to wear maternity underwear or bras, I can't let go of my VS. I went to Victoria's Secret last Saturday and bought 14 new pairs of size LARGE panties because I "outgrew" my mediums. Hopefully my ass doesn't decide to grow anymore, bc they don't sell extra large in the store, if at all. I also had to upgrade from a 34 C bra to a 36 D, so I bought 2 new bras. I realize once LO is here I will probably trade these for a nursing bra, and I'm sad about this. I still want to wear hot underwear damnit! It makes me feel better!
  • Options

imageLaceface7:
    My confession...I refuse to wear maternity underwear or bras, I can't let go of my VS. I went to Victoria's Secret last Saturday and bought 14 new pairs of size LARGE panties because I "outgrew" my mediums. Hopefully my ass doesn't decide to grow anymore, bc they don't sell extra large in the store, if at all. I also had to upgrade from a 34 C bra to a 36 D, so I bought 2 new bras. I realize once LO is here I will probably trade these for a nursing bra, and I'm sad about this. I still want to wear hot underwear damnit! It makes me feel better!

Maternity underwear wha? I still wear all of my old underwear. I refuse to waste money on special maternity underwear when my stuff works! So I don't blame you :)

• Options
    I answer on clicky poll posts from other peoples birth month boardsStick out tongue
  • Options
    imagemsmarsh:

I haven't mentioned this before, but the last time H and I had sex (2 weeks ago) I started bleeding bright red blood. My Dr. told me not to have sex for 2 weeks to make sure there wasn't another issue. H and I tried to still have fun last weekend but apparently pregnancy makes my gag reflex super strong.... Ick!  I'm really hoping we can go back to our regularly scheduled sexytime program soon.

Also, I am on my second donut while typing this. I am using the excuse that it is National Donut Day and I feel the need to fully celebrate.

Oh that sucks! I'm sorry! Comfort yourself with delicious, free donuts.

• Options
    Sometimes I'd prefer my husband goes on the couch to sleep because he snores so loud
    Baby Boy born 9/10/11 BFP 6/26/12
  • Options
    imageMarettie:
    imageamandaloren:

imagePina:
    No real confessions here....yet, but I am dying to know who posted a bikini pic on the board that stirred up some of the UO yesterday......

I only saw one person in a bikini but she is a reg on here and never complained about gaining a couple lbs.....so I am curious who everyone got so riled up about too.

I just went and looked too, and saw nothing but the one...so no idea but I'm curious too. I can promise you it wasn't me. I think I gained 5lbs in my pinky.

Did i miss something?? I was the bikini poster.....what happend I just went back and didnt see anthing!lol 

• Options

My first confession is that I can't keep up with this thread and it's frustrating me! Ack!

Janinne I'm so sorry you had to deal with all of that. It sounds like a nightmare, and I'm sure it's even harder to deal with during pregnancy. :(

My confessions... I really want my sister and her kids to come to my house for the holidays, but I really DON'T want her husband or his family to come like they did last year, and cause all kinds of drama again. My sister and I are close, and I have no idea how to tell her this. My husband has already laid down the law that he doesn't want my BIL in the house, and I don't know how to deal.

What else..I could confess all day long about how I've been eating during this pregnancy. I used to eat extremely healthy before I got pregnant- I'm talking all vegetables and fruits from our organic home garden (or farmers markets) /whole grains/ no processed foods/almost no meat/no sugary drinks healthy. I always thought I would be awesome at eating well when pregnant. But I have been starving since day one (no MS whatsoever) and have reverted to some of my old childhood habits. Ice cream, cookies, pizza, and other bad stuff are all a regular part of my diet now. I have gained too much and I feel terrible about it. :( But also, after months of this I think I have almost given up on trying to eat very healthy.

• Options
    imageamandabt:
    imageHNLchick:

I'm constantly on here whining about my weight but yesterday I made a huge tray of rice crispy treats :(  Does it count if I only ate one square?

I think people who respond to vents like: "well you should be thankful because I _____" should just shut up.  If someone is venting they need to VENT not get perspective.  We all know that we are being ridiculous but sometimes you just have to get it out.  Please just silently roll your eyes and move along.

"Well you should be thankful because... I ate 75% of the pan of rice krispie treats I made!"  Stick out tongue hahaha

And they were'nt that good either! I know, how do you screw up rice krispie treats?!

Ok, thanks girls...all this rice crispie treat talk & now I am going to make some tonight!!

• Options
    imageMrsMichelleB:
    imageohsaysaysay:
    imageAzrayla:

lol I know!  It shouldn't be rocket science, but I can't do it!  I can bake anything, but not jello

I just had to giggle over this one... Maybe Ohsay it's because you're trying to BAKE the jell-o.  

lol I worded that badly!  I've never "baked" jello.  But maybe I should try??? That might be my problem!

• Options
    imagemollybloom:
    imagewomancake:

Amen to both. I used to roll my eyes when women would warn me about pregnancy in the heat. You know, cause I am so much tougher than them. Wink Yeah, now I get it. My classroom was 92 degrees on Weds and it is really tough standing for two periods straight in that heat. Thankfully today is in the 70s and mild.

La Comtesse is definitely girl-crush worthy. Also, everytime she posts I think of french food and I love french food.  

I have to agree...major crush here too. She may be voted Most Irresistable for Sept 2011 Mommies...lmao!

• Options

imagebellabloo:
    Sometimes I'd prefer my husband goes on the couch to sleep because he snores so loud

My husband is a snorer too! I have subconciously trained him though! ;0) 

This is a confession in itself! He only does it when he lies on his back. So anytime he starts snoring I will nudge his shoulder or leg until he voluntarily rolls over to his side. Sometimes I take his pillow away, and then he has to find it and will roll over on his side. Sometimes he will say mean things to me, and sometimes he acts like a small child and just rolls over and curls up. It's quite funny. And whats crazy is......he NEVER remembers ANY of it!!! He will ask me all the time "did I snore last night" and If I he did I will say yes and he will say did you make me stop, and then he gets to hear about the funny things he said or did.

• Options
    imageLaceface7:

imagebellabloo:

My husband is a snorer too! I have subconciously trained him though! ;0) 

This is a confession in itself! He only does it when he lies on his back. So anytime he starts snoring I will nudge his shoulder or leg until he voluntarily rolls over to his side. Sometimes I take his pillow away, and then he has to find it and will roll over on his side. Sometimes he will say mean things to me, and sometimes he acts like a small child and just rolls over and curls up. It's quite funny. And whats crazy is......he NEVER remembers ANY of it!!! He will ask me all the time "did I snore last night" and If I he did I will say yes and he will say did you make me stop, and then he gets to hear about the funny things he said or did.

I totally do this to my husband. I wiggle his pillow or tug the blankets off him or something like. He gets mad, curls on his side and stops snoring LMAO

He does often tell me things in his sleep and I fill him in the next day. He knows I do this to him and says I am mean but he finds it funny too.

• Options
    imageMrsMichelleB:
    imageamandaloren:

imageohsaysaysay:

It's so true lol Our UO and FFFC posts always hit over 100 responsesStick out tongue

I'm sure most boards lurk here to find a good UO or FFFC to use because theirs are so lame and we rock. Vag-Glitter for every Sept mom.  

I've noticed that not only have other boards rolled with our ideas for our daily posts, but they have even taken the questions from our HDBD and made them their own. Not everyone can be as cool as us... Stick out tongue

MJ. Born 9-4-2011. 2 Weeks Old Here. Photobucket
  • Options

Every work day I either have a donut or a onion bagel with LOTS of cream cheese. The people at Winchells know me and ask me how I'm feeling all the time. Kinda embarrassing. Embarrassed

I have been a major biitch to DH lately. Nothing really he has done. I'm just overly tired and emotional and he is the closest one to take it out on.

We had to cancel our mini-babymoon for this weekend. Like I had mentioned by husband is self-employed and will have guys working Sat and he doesn't feel comfortable being far away when they are doing a job. I told him, no problem, I totally understand. I TOTALLY lied. I am so dissapointed and sad.

Ahhh...now I can breathe ...

• Options

I don't know if it's a confession but since I feel guilty I think it is!

My oldest friend wants to visit me after the baby (originally wanted to come before!) and I totally don't want her to. I love her, she's like a sister, I need her in my life but she is the grossest slobbiest most inconsiderate house guest.  She has 2 small kids who are out of control and the idea of just adapting to a newborn and having them stay for 3 or 4 days makes me cry!  She knows I have severe food allergies but will bring her own food and then question me when I say no you can't cook that.  The worst is, she doesn't even help with dishes or cleaning up or make sure her kids pick up after themselves.  I feel like the worst friend in the world but when she comes I count the minutes until she leaves again.  She knows I don't mind house guests, my mother in law is coming for 3 weeks post baby and my sister in law and nephew for 3 weeks in my last month of pregnancy. I don't mind NICE house guests lol

• Options

Oh and I plan on eating cheesecake for dinner tonight. It's there at home waiting for me!

• Options
    imageamandabt:
    imageMrsMichelleB:
    imageamandaloren:

imageohsaysaysay:

I'm sure most boards lurk here to find a good UO or FFFC to use because theirs are so lame and we rock. Vag-Glitter for every Sept mom.  

I've noticed that not only have other boards rolled with our ideas for our daily posts, but they have even taken the questions from our HDBD and made them their own. Not everyone can be as cool as us... Stick out tongue

September Mommies are the cool kids.  They're all jealous!

• Options
    imageJrsGurl1823:
    imageMarettie:
    imageamandaloren:

imagePina:
    No real confessions here....yet, but I am dying to know who posted a bikini pic on the board that stirred up some of the UO yesterday......

I only saw one person in a bikini but she is a reg on here and never complained about gaining a couple lbs.....so I am curious who everyone got so riled up about too.

I just went and looked too, and saw nothing but the one...so no idea but I'm curious too. I can promise you it wasn't me. I think I gained 5lbs in my pinky.

Did i miss something?? I was the bikini poster.....what happend I just went back and didnt see anthing!lol 

They weren't talking about you....they were referring to a girl from a couple fridays ago that isn't a reg.

• Options

Now that I'm unemployed maybe I can play some more.

1. I'm sick and tired of people saying it's all going to be alright. Everything happens for a reason. blah blah blah blah blah Seriously sometimes things just suck and for 5 seconds will you just let me just vent that things suck. I'm always the positive one and sometimes I just want to be a negative nancy.  

Whoever said they live in Houston me too. This 100 degree weather blows. At least I can sit in front of the fan all day now.  

• Options
    Since this will be on at least page 5 or 6 I can really confess something.

I am bummed because I just paid our full time live in nanny today and my daughters new preschool bill also was paid today. So the money is tighter than I want. This means I can't go shopping for more baby boy clothes and other baby items this weekend. Why is childcare so darn expensive? I want to spend money on fun things! I want to be a spoiled brat and can't really get away with it anymore in my 30's.
  • Options
    Oh and I had an orgasm in the shower this morning!
  • Options
    imageamandaloren:
    imageJrsGurl1823:
    imageMarettie:
    imageamandaloren:

imagePina:

They weren't talking about you....they were referring to a girl from a couple fridays ago that isn't a reg.

Ohh I didnt even see what was said...was it on yes UO post? I thought I looked through it all. 

• Options

imageJrsGurl1823:
    Ohh I didnt even see what was said...was it on yes UO post? I thought I looked through it all. 

Apparently it was, but I didn't get a chance to read all of UO.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"