April 2011 Moms

Should I be concerned?

DD normally will breastfeed about 30 minutes every three hours. The past two days she'll barely eat 20 minutes and not very enthusiastically. She's been sleeping more than normal and is slightly grumpier. She doesn't have a fever and otherwise seems perfectly fine. Should I be concerned? At what point would you call the pedi? Maybe I'm being an overprotective first time mom but it just worries me that she suddenly stopped eating as much. TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage.

Re: Should I be concerned?

• I know that babies will become more efficient at BF'ing. That could be part of the time difference. When she's grumpier, is it by chance hunger?
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Does your pedi have a nurse you can talk to over the phone?  When I have "should I/shouldn't I" questions about bringing LO in, I just call and talk to the nurse.  I would be a little concerned if you're sure she's eating less but I hate being one of those moms that rushes to the pedi with every question. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageMeggieChris:
    DD normally will breastfeed about 30 minutes every three hours. The past two days she'll barely eat 20 minutes and not very enthusiastically. She's been sleeping more than normal and is slightly grumpier. She doesn't have a fever and otherwise seems perfectly fine. Should I be concerned? At what point would you call the pedi? Maybe I'm being an overprotective first time mom but it just worries me that she suddenly stopped eating as much. TIA

David does this during growth spurts.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"