3rd Trimester

Stripped Membranes- how long

How long after your had your membranes stripped did you go into labor??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stripped Membranes- how long

• I had them stripped in weeks 38, 39 and 40 with DD and had her on her due date.  It doesn't necessarily guarantee instant labor.
  • I had mine stripped at 38 and 39 weeks and was induced at 39 weeks 4 days although I think I was going into labor on my own anyway.
    TTC #2 since 2011 (took 1.5 years to conceive spontaneously after multiple failed clomid cycles and 1 failed clomid +IUI)
    Me- PCOS, borderline hypothyroid
    Him- low concentration/count

Feb 2014- started acupuncture
    Feb 2014- BFP
    March 2014- m/c @ 5 weeks
    May 2014- HSG, all clear, started Synthroid, Femara 5mg CD 3-7 + trigger + TI= BFN
    Waiting for new RE appointment end of July 2014

• Loading the player...
  • I had mine stripped yesterday...one day past my due date and I also found out yesterday that the Dr had swept them 2 weeks earlier but didnt tell me for whatever reason. He used some serious force yesterday and said to expect lots of bleeding, but i didnt even have the first drop. I had contractions all day, but now theyre gone and still no sign of meeting LO#3 ever! Im so frustrated becuase he's insisting on inducing me monday morning if he or she doesnt show up before then and Im quite pissed about it! ahhhh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had it done at exactly 39 weeks with DD2 and she was born 6 hours later.  I was dilated to a 4 before the stripping and went to a 5 while the dr was doing her thing.
  • I had this done on Tuesday (1 day after due date) and still nothing.  :-(  Also trying to avoid being induced Sunday night. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Christmas PJ's! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had them stripped on a Monday with DS and was induced on Friday that week after not going into active labor.
  • Three times for me now... once at 38.5 weeks, 39.5 weeks, and yesterday (40 weeks 5 days).  Bleeding each time for me (for about 12-18 hours), and still nothing.  I've had a lot of BH's but nothing that progresses.  My induction is scheduled for Monday, and have a feeling I will be making that appointment.  :)  Good luck with yours though, I think most respond better than I did.
  • My doctor stripped my membranes on Thursday, May 26th and went into labor on Friday, May 27th a little after midnight and Kendall arrived at 5:38pm
  • Took 3 days with my first DS, but contractions and changes started the day they were stripped.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If you go into spontaneous labor after stripping, it will be within 24-48 hours, otherwise it will be one week to onset on average. 
    BabyGaga
    Pregnancy # 6
    4 missed chances
    2 loving children
    1 on the way
  • Is still here after 2 failed stripping attempts :(
  • I had mine done at 38w & again at 39w (on Tuesday) and still nada!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"