Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Too hot in the car seat?

DS (3 weeks old) seems to be SO hot when he comes out of the car seat.  We keep the A/C on in the car and in the house, but pretty much any time he's reclining (car seat, swing, sitting in the boppy), his back gets so hot and sweaty - I know it can't be comfortable.  Any suggestions?  There's a lot of summer left, and it's just going to get hotter! 
DIY & Planning | Married

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485

Re: Too hot in the car seat?

• we were having the same problem with DS and bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RVIPR8

it's been wonderful. he's no longer all hot and sweaty in there and now i can actually run errands with him! before he would start to get way too hot after just 10-15 minutes but we were out for a couple of hours on sunday at b&n and then the grocery store and he was happy as could be. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I know it's not always convenient,  but we've been turning the car on and blasting the max ac for a good 5-10min when it's super hot out before we get in. My mom also suggested putting a thin receiving blanket on the car seat so our lo's back isn't so hot and sweaty. We haven't tried the receiving blanket because cooling the car down seems to be working so far. Our poor lo is so miserable in a hot car seat though :(   GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageaubreyalise:

we were having the same problem with DS and bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RVIPR8

it's been wonderful. he's no longer all hot and sweaty in there and now i can actually run errands with him! before he would start to get way too hot after just 10-15 minutes but we were out for a couple of hours on sunday at b&n and then the grocery store and he was happy as could be. 

This is brilliant - it fits well in an infant car seat? 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • it does. we rotate it between his infant car seat and his snugabunny swing. and we discuss whether we're lazy enough to justify just buying two instead of having to rotate it constantly. :)
    Anniversary

• imageaubreyalise:
    it does. we rotate it between his infant car seat and his snugabunny swing. and we discuss whether we're lazy enough to justify just buying two instead of having to rotate it constantly. :)
    Well you OBVIOUSLY need a second just in case the first gets dirty and it's too late to do laundry. Justification enough.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Awesome!  Thanks!
    DIY & Planning | Married

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • image1sTimeMom2Ella:
    imageaubreyalise:
    it does. we rotate it between his infant car seat and his snugabunny swing. and we discuss whether we're lazy enough to justify just buying two instead of having to rotate it constantly. :)
    Well you OBVIOUSLY need a second just in case the first gets dirty and it's too late to do laundry. Justification enough.

that sounds WAY better than 'lazy'! :) 

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"