3rd Trimester
Options

30 weeks and period like cramping?

Anyone else? I had an OB appointment this morning and mentioned it to him, but he said it was normal and probably just the stretching/growing. It had pretty much gone away at that point but has come back...I know I should just take my doctor's word for it, but I'm looking for reassurance that I'm not the only one and it is, in fact, normal! :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 30 weeks and period like cramping?

• Options
    I have had a little of this, but no other complications or anything. It is sort of scary, I agree! My MW said to try peeing first, and if that doesn't help try to lay down on your side or at least put your feet up. If neither of those help, or if it's happening frequently (I think she said more than 6 times in an hour?) she said to call in and get an appointment. HTH!
  • Options
    I've had this off and on pretty much the entire 3rd trimester and my MW also said it was normal.  It sucks but try not to worry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get on and off period like cramping (very mild) all the time since about 30-31 wks.  Nothing constant, but its there. My OB said its normal too :)

• Options
    Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better...they definitely aren't intense or anything but they are new (I haven't really had any previously) so it made me question.
  • Options

imageShandaB:
    I've had this off and on pretty much the entire 3rd trimester and my MW also said it was normal.  It sucks but try not to worry.

This.

The pains come and go but haven't been anything major.  I'd compare it to minor menstrual cramping.  With all the room that baby is requiring in there...we're all going to hurt a bit throughout this process.  It's uncomfortable, but as long as the pain doesn't worsen and there's no bleeding then I'd say try to relax and not worry.  Easier said than done...but I'm thinking these pains are just the "growing pains."  Good luck to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    A couple of weeks ago (I was 30 weeks and a couple days) I had the WORST period like cramps... it lasted 2 days and then... POOF, they stopped.  It was kind of scary when it was happening, and what a relief when it stopped. .... Hope you have them stop real soon too!  Good luck!
  • Options
    I just asked my doc about this too. Are you having any tightening of your belly too? I was having period like cramps but I didn't notice my belly was tightening until I get up and walk around. Feels weird. My doc said they are Braxton Hicks contractions. Some women just feel their belly get tight and others feel period like cramps.  She said as long as they are not timeable and there is no blood or heavy fluid there is no need for concern. Trying drinking some water and laying on your left side for al ittle while.  That usually makes mine go away.  :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo15Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"